Author Topic: Static load-out?  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
I have a little question, like. We all know that in Wing Commander, you didn't have much to say about your loadout (Wing Commander 3/4 being very notable exceptions, yet guns were never subject to change - let's all leave Privateer alone for now). Can I assume this is implemented in the mod? Good. :p Dare I ask how?
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
right now change in your loadout is not possible.

Reasons:

first: you are just a 2nd Lt.
second (and far more important): if missile selection would be enabled ot would also allow selection of different gun types.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Sad, but true.

But how about giving access to the loadout sometimes, and then
we can simply give no available guns through FRED.

However, Player could remove a weapons from it's own ship or take a gun from a wingmate. On second thought, bad Idea. Darn, I was hoping for a way of selecting your missile-loadout.

Guess we have to add another argument to our "needed code-change"-list.:(
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Isn't there weapon specific slots in the SCP? if so, I don't think that would be a pb, since you can mount that gn, and only taht gun, on that particular hardpoint.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, that would be the solution.

But I never heard anything about that, you sure it is implemented ?
Our wish-list has already 14 marks, and I don't want to hope for
another wish to be fullfilled.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

The real solution is for different primary slots and secondary slots to be able to have a different set of allowable weapons.

That'd be interesting in it's implications for FreeSpace as well as for Wing Commander.  Star Wars may run into a similar problem with planes like the Y-wing which can carry either lasers or ion cannons.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Lynx

I'm 99% sure there is bank specific loadout impleneted in SCP. Just ask Kazan. If there's one who knows it's him.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
It is implemented. Just have several "lists" like you have with secondareis.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Viper61

It remains not applicable in this case, though :(.  A 2nd Lt. wouldn't get to choose his loadouts.

C-ya

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Is it really possible? How has it to be specified in the tbl?

I was thinking more about possibility to locj primary weapons banks...

hey Moonsword, could you please redo following lines?

The wellington-voices for demo-mission1 sound different from
the others. They should be rerecorded to reach the tone (and
emotion) of the other files, escpecially

d_01_wellington_01.wav (strange toning from the actor at the end)
d_01_wellington_03.wav (strange toning)

d_03_wellington_01.wav

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Oh, sure, no problem.

Is that list of files that of those I need to rerecord or the ones I need to match?

EDIT: Okay, I see what you mean, no problem.  I'll have 'em up by tomorrow afternoon.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 08:57:47 am by 1668 »
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
btw, as far as I recall you have rerecorded some lines for our main campaign. Which ones are new and which ones are old? Since you have uploaded all lines again I can not figure it out... at once

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Lightspeed
It is implemented. Just have several "lists" like you have with secondareis.

Yes it is implemented and no I don't know exactly how to do it but yes there is a way and its been in since many versions ago.  I figured you guys were already using it and the Lieutenant thing was the reason for the loadouts being locked.

Keep in mind that WC: Saga may spawn additional missions where the loadouts may or may not be locked and you may or may not be a Colonel and able to choose loadout :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Or be in a situation where you're given some discretion about your loadout.
 - Albert Einstein

- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
the issue is: how to enable this feature? :confused:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
When do we cat the 3 primary thing running???
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Tolwyn
the issue is: how to enable this feature? :confused:

I think it's simply along the lines of;

(forget the exact synatx)

$primary banks: ("Prom") ("Kayser")
Where bank 1 has the Prom allowed and bank 2 has the Kayeser allowed.  And soforth where applicable (i.e. cna have 2+ brackets for the default & allowed entries), including the sbanks.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
if you only specify two secondary banks the third (and fourth) will be set to what the first is.
and I believe that is the corect syntax.
this has been enabled sence 3.5.. though somewhat broken untill 3.5.1
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together