Author Topic: Saga Preview Trailer  (Read 10655 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Ashrak
inferno explosions :p

well i might download it someday :)

actually this are OTT explosions
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Lynx

Originally posted by Bobboau
have you guys tried out the 3d shockwaves?

Yeah. i didn't like 3d shockwaves in WC Prophecy, and I still don't like 'em.:p

(That said, I only tried out the first builds with it. I shoul look at them again some time)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Downloading now... heh, sorry for being so slow. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

It's understandable, what with everything that's been going on around you lately, man.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Heh, I guess. Still, I really enjoy spending time around here. It's good getting back up to speed. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

"Next stop, downtown Kilrah ???"

I just can't wait to take that bus :D

What a change since WCI in DOS mode ....

Super Atragon music? That's pretty funny, I just re-watched part of it last night. My trailer doesn't seem to want to play though, I just get some pink lines across the screen. Maybe the codec didn't install, just the player. I'll have to try it again.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
or you may want to download the trailer again. It is possible, that your copy is corrupted

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Oh, I got the trailer working now. Seems that even though the DivX 5.2 codec or whatever might be needed to play the trailer, the DivX player itself can't play it. So I got windows media player and it played it and the other recent trailers just fine.

Offline mitac

Guys, this is fantastic. :nod:
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
"The calvary doesn't always come to the rescue sir."
"Say hello to the Bohemoth."

Might want to slap a couple of your voice actors there.

Nice models, effect, etc, but what's up with all the stationary camera shots? Made the whole thing look more like a boring render test than a trailer.

"Comming soon"?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 12:05:46 pm by 264 »
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
grrrr says its corrupted...the file, this is before i can even extract it with winrar... unless im not supposed to be extracting with winrar...also its the newest winrar so...help?
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Very strange, this is the first time I hear this. However, I had similar
questions with some other files a few months back.

Dumb question, have you tried re-downloading it ? That will probably
solve your problem.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
tried again, didn't work, problem is that it says when downloading that the file is about 40mb but actually only downloads about 8 or so. So i guess it needs to be re-uploaded or something of a sort.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
c'mon please re-upload it! :p

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Curse, you are right ! I downloaded it a few minutes ago, and the file is indeed corrupted. The downloaded archive is only 7 MB, even if my download says 30 MB.

@Tolwyn : Could you please reupload the trailer ? Maybe the last server-incident broke it.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
roger that, it can be done

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I have taken a look into the issue, the file on the ftp is not corrupted, it still clocks down at 29.8 MB. I will upload it to File Planet though :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
It dies at around 9 megs for me too. It says it's 30mb, yes, but it always dies at around 9 mb.