Author Topic: The WCS FAQ  (Read 10975 times)

Offline Lynx

Originally posted by Deepstar
Have WCS Cutscenes? (In-Game or Rendered)

Yes it will have them.

There are no current plans for them yet, but if we have enough time and a good animator, we *might* also have character based gameflow cutscenes like in WC3, e.g. pilots manning their planes when the mission starts, the tech crew commenting on your ships damage when after you landed, and so on.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Lynx
There are no current plans for them yet

oh yes, there are plans and also several test animations :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Lynx

Cool. Look like I'll finally have to finish the pilot and confed officer mesh some time.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Will you guys be rearming the fighters to take advantage of the new SCP features (3+ primaries)?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Originally posted by Tolwyn

oh yes, there are plans and also several test animations :)

Now if we could make them anywhere near as good as the Freelancer ones, it would be perfect

Offline Lynx

Actually, the Freelancer ones sucked on most things except animation. The characters looked lifeless and all the same.

I mean the animated cutscsnes. The movement and expressions and so on. Some scsnes I was really impressed.

Sure though, the reused models and animations were lazy but it still was the most impressive animated cutscens Ive seen. (with the possible exception of MGS)

Ed

Offline Lynx

The animations were good, yeah, but everything else was not. Low poly and low res textured backgrounds, characters looking too similar in many places and everyone had a pale skin like he was locked up in the cellar for a decade.

'nother Question ;)

How do you planned to integrate the typical Autopilot/Navsystem System in Freespace 2? I mean in WC you haven't Intersystem Jumps and so the enemies and other ships can't jump in on a Battlefield.. or would this Fact of the WC series would ignored, because you haven't another possibility. I think it's a interesting question.. but on the other hand.. in Freespace 1 you have to no Fighters with Intersystem Jump Drives (first in "Judas" or "Playing Judas" ( if think it is different in other countries) but Fighters jump in, jump out in every mission before Judas.. hmm...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 05:00:45 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Lynx

Saga has autopilot - it's a combination of  dedicated code and sexping. Anyways, you press the button and get transported to the next navpoint. Only thing is that we don't have a nifty fly-by animation yet, right now you'll remain in the cockpit - that may be fixed too in the main campaign, I think we can use WMC's ingame movie thing for that.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
hmm... it is embarrassing, that almost nobody is aware of the hard coded autopilot (created by Kazan :D)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Oh.. when you say "Autopilot" then i remeber on a small thread on HLP which i've read someday.. but i forget this ;)

BTW.. then this would great.. finally again a Space-Sim with Navpoints :D

| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
hey Deepstar, you can also visit us at www.wingcenter.de :D

-WC Saga's beta tester

Oh.. i will visit this page ;).. It's a German WC Site.. nice!

sorry, did't know where else to ask this:

I was wondering if WCS runs in 16 bit mode the way FS2 does.  I know its based on a 16 bit game so forgive the n00b question.  
The reason i ask is cuz i have the all too familiar problem with the config.nt file being altered.  Will this problem prevent me from playing WCS like it does FS2?

Yes i am aware as to how to fix this problem.. lets just say i "misplaced" my XP disc....

This mod is still awesome.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, it should be no problem starting the game in 16 Bit. I just tried, and the game and a test mission loaded just fine. So I think you will not encounter any problems in this mode. :)

Starman©
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
but you will encounter problems with gradients.

-WC Saga's beta tester

So is there going to be an autoslide feature in WC saga? I am not sure if some one asked this before and with search down i looked around but i couldnt find any info on weather or not it would be presant

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Unfortunately not. That is something the freespace-engine can't do (yet :) )
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.