Author Topic: NEWS: Exploring the uncharted...  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
NEWS: Exploring the uncharted...
In this update, the Wing Commander Saga team would like to showcase one of our new starfields. In keeping with the tradition of Wing Commander, we have tried to make space look like more than an empty void with background stars merely for reference. Rather, we portray it as being filled with beautiful starscapes, planets, and astronomical phenomena with unique features for each starsystem. We invite you to take a look at our astral vistas...

Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: NEWS: Exploring the uncharted...
That seems to be more a FreeSpace tradition than WC. I've played the first two games and a bit of the third (I have a hard time running WC3) and space was very bare compared to FS or those screenshots.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You didn't, by any chance, play WC5? :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

This really is a gap in education  :)

Tolwyns right. WC4 had detailed stars, in the cutscenes they were VERY detailed. They certianly did continue it with WC5. Personally i always see the cutscenes in those old games are how they would have liked to have done the ingame graohics had they had the technology. Therefore, if you were basing your game on an old one it would make sence to base a new game off the cutscenes of the old one rather than just totally the game. if you know what I mean.