Author Topic: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom  (Read 68600 times)

Re: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom
However it does use the flyby's. (yay) Those came out great btw.

Also I have to say this small recreation, excellent just excellent.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
in the mission when you destroy the concordia, vagabound actually has cloned himself! :lol:

just a typing error, I guess Alpha 2 should be Maniac.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
in the mission when you destroy the concordia, vagabound actually has cloned himself! :lol:

just a typing error, I guess Alpha 2 should be Maniac.

I bet Bravo 1 is Maniac. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

I can't even select a waypoint.  They don't seem to exist.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Damn you !! ^^ You didin't put High quality on video -_- I prefer to get cutscene from the DVD version than the CD/PS One version.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I can't even select a waypoint.  They don't seem to exist.

They do. Are you using default key binding Alt-N? If that is the case - are you trying to select a nav point while you are inside a hangar?

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

when flying the longbow bomber, I actually crash in the hangar walls by straight flying out of it. Seems like a small collision bug.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
you do? Weird, works like a charm for me.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Has something changed with the boundingbox code that might result in that behavior? It works without problems for me too.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
maybe it is related to the 3.6.9 EXE? I shall look into it later today.

-WC Saga's beta tester

* -Joshua- wants Wing Commander I remake! (Should be simple...)

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
* -Joshua- wants Wing Commander I remake! (Should be simple...)

Then just do it.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'll have to get it all again, once i get myself sorted with Broadband @ homestead..

Cheers T-Boss :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Vidmaster

Then just do it.

that's exactly the problem, hu ?  :lol: :lol: :lol:    hey, I would love remakes, too...    (In my posession is SuperWing Commander, I could try ripping voice files from it ;7 )

Offline Vash

simply great, just played the first and second mision. i really like the movies with mission briefing in them. for a tech demo, this is outstanding.

is there a relesae date or an estimated idea whent he full version of this game will be released? Or How long it might be untill its released?

the video is not very clear and its all fuzzy when i watch the cutsenes will there be any patch for this problem whent he full version come out?

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
We aim for a release date about winter 2669 IIRC.
As for the Videos. To keep the download file small only lowres version where included. Remember that this is just a "prove of concept" demo and not something totaly serious. Else we would not only have cutscenes in a better quality but also better models, textures and other stuff.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
the video is not very clear and its all fuzzy when i watch the cutsenes will there be any patch for this problem whent he full version come out?

also, the full version won't be a Wing Commander IV remake. Thought I'd mention that :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

then what will the project be i mean if your bringing out a demo of price of freedom but the full ver is not that then what is it?