Author Topic: Flight of the Valkyries Rebalanced  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Lorric

Flight of the Valkyries Rebalanced
That's not the name of the mission, but it will ring bells better with you. It's the 8th of the campaign.

Hi there. Do you dislike invincible wingmen? Do you dislike chasing missiles? Do you dislike having to fight Kilrathi and chase dropships with no burner fuel? Well do I have a treat for you! :)

This mission vexed me. I like it, so I wanted to rebalance it more than many, but with afterburners burned up at the missile chase, you and your allies are fodder for the transports’ turrets above easy difficulty, which travel only 70 slower than you. The turrets have much greater range and you and your allies can’t get near. So on top of the usual removal of ally invulnerability I moved the missiles on top of the Nav point, and now your allies will clear them up for you and then you can hit the dropships with music blasting and guns and burners blazing!

EDIT: You'll still have to put some work in on the missiles on insane difficulty. There's a mechanism in the level which speeds the missiles up more the higher the difficulty. It shouldn't be a problem though with the advantage you have.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:21:23 pm by Lorric »