Author Topic: WCS Open (Alpha release)  (Read 16580 times)

Offline Mastadon

• Contributes SCP patches and doesn't afraid of anything
Re: WCS Open (Alpha release)
MatthTheGeek, if you haven't already, could you post your work to a github repo so people can collaboratively work with you on WCS_Open?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Let me a week of Christmas break and I'll get back to this.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
MatthTheGeek, if you haven't already, could you post your work to a github repo so people can collaboratively work with you on WCS_Open?
That would be nice. I'm not very fond of github, but I think I could add my edits there. There isn't a lot of this, just re-enabling some features Matth disabled, because I found that they are implemented in SCP, but with a different syntax.

Thank you! This is going to make my job of porting my models back over to FS2 much easier!  :yes:

Edit: I noticed a couple of things, probably not related to this.

My framerate got halved, and when I look at the star it really tanks.
Also $show weapons doesn't seem to work.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:18:24 pm by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Dunno what's going on. Could you run debug and post your FS2_Open.log?

Here you go.   Nothing seems to stand out... it reports loading the weapon models ok.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Just noticed this.

Gash Dekker approves.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I wonder if I have more issues than just that, I can't even use track view (pad enter).  :nono:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Strange. I see nothing wrong with the log... Maybe someone more versed in this stuff could help.

Well found the eye tracking problem, I didn't have an eyepoint setup in the pof model.

Well found the eye tracking problem, I didn't have an eyepoint setup in the pof model.

Nope that didn't solve the problem... also is the HUD kinda messed up? 
Edit: and another weird thing, I've got four temporary glowpoints on the wings, but if I move my ship just right those glowpoints are in front of me, as if they don't move from their original location... weird
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:37:34 am by Scooby_Doo »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
That sounds like an oldish SCP bug - maybe try using 3.7.2 RC3?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

That might have been the culprit for the glowpoints, not sure what is wrong with target tracking, I had it working for a while then it quit again

That might have been the culprit for the glowpoints, not sure what is wrong with target tracking, I had it working for a while then it quit again

Nope, they're still there, just a bit weirder now, also when I look directly at the sun/star i get a horrible bloom.  I wonder if the skybox/shader conversions need to be fixed.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Sweet Jesus, I come in with like 3 boxes of pizzas and the whole place is like it's on fire.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

In mission 3 of the prologue, if you get shot down by one of the pirates while trying to torpedo the frigate(Pretty likely considering Alpha 1 provides no cover whatsoever) the mission will go to the normal victory debriefing and you'll be able to proceed. Getting shot down anywhere else has no unexpected results, you just die. I don't remember if there used to be a special debriefing for getting shot down in that exact point, but it's a pretty weird bug. Occurred on both RC2 and a recent nightly.
I'd attach a log, but getting to that point in the mission on a debug build would be pretty hard considering how much it whines all the time.
EDIT: same thing in the 7th mission of the main campaign(Vega 2), getting killed while trying to defend fort crocket leads to a "mission won" briefing and you're able to continue.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:07:16 pm by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

*Moves "Pick WCS Open back up" up a notch on the TODO list of doom.*