Author Topic: Derelict Needs a Facelift  (Read 31406 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Derelict Needs a Facelift
Oh can we fix the Boadicea's docking ports so it doesn't need to be lamp shaded with "holographic projectors"?
NO

x315345634163416346 times no that was my favorite part!
Seriously, that was about the best fourth-wall-nudging technical-glitch exposition I've ever seen in the community.

i <3 you guys

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
Not sure if this really qualifies as a "bug" or just me sucking as per usual, but in that mission where you jump into Phi Eridani to secure the jump node (the mission is named Swimming With Sharks, and you must protect the GVCv Andrasta), and you get jumped by a couple Shivan capships; to wit, the SC Nightgaun (Rakshasa), the Tulzscha [sic] (Lilith), and then the SCv Tsathoggua.

Often I've found that if the Tsathoggua has not taken enough damage by the time the relief fleet jumps in (GTD Valhalla, GTC Andronica, GVCv Nefertem), they will simply continue to their designated waypoints, completely ignore the Tsathoggua once out of beam range, and then the mission is unwinnable, as you cannot kill the Tsathoggua (no bombers, you're flying Herc IIs).

Only way I've found around this is to order almost everyone to attack the Tsathoggua, ignore the Tulzscha (it's supposed to run away, but I distinctly recall killing it the first few times), and keep just enough bombers off of the Andrasta to keep it above about 30% hull integrity; which seems counterintuitive; for example, my initial idea was to intercept bombers, disable the beams on the Tsathoggua, and then disarm/destroy the Tulzscha as soon as it jumps in (since it's the biggest threat to the Andrasta with its LRed, and being a cruiser can be taken out by Herc IIs), thus leaving the crippled Tsathoggua for the allied capital ships to mercilessly blow away.

However they simply ignore it. I tried speeding up the mission to see if they would turn around and finish it off, but they instead sit placidly at their waypoints and nothing happens.

Basically the only way I've found to really finish the mission is to pound the Tsathoggua as hard as possible for as long as possible (that's what she said?), while doing the bare minimum to ensure the Andrasta survives, and even then most of the time the final damage is done by the Valhalla's green blob turrets since the beams are already out of range/not firing for whatever bizarre reason.

Everything else works fine though ^^
This book is a mirror. When a monkey looks in, no apostle looks out. -Lichtenberg

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Thanks for posting that. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
No prob.

...is it actually a bug, or do I just suck? ^^U
This book is a mirror. When a monkey looks in, no apostle looks out. -Lichtenberg

Offline Qent

I'm not familiar with that mission (or any Derelict missions really, since that was the first fan campaign I played :P ), but did you ever issue any of "Disarm," "Disable," or "Ignore" orders? Those three automatically cause all friendly ships to ignore your target.

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
I'm not familiar with that mission (or any Derelict missions really, since that was the first fan campaign I played :P ), but did you ever issue any of "Disarm," "Disable," or "Ignore" orders? Those three automatically cause all friendly ships to ignore your target.

The first few times, I did; however later I stopped trusting the initiative of my wingmates and simply issued destroy/protect orders (destroy the tulzscha/tsathoggua, defend the andrasta.) I generally took care of the turrets by myself.

Ok, I'm not sure if this is a problem with Derelict itself or if something else is going down. I took shots from different angles so you could see it better. It looks like a transporter accident or else the Lonewolf and Sai are trying to make a baby. The mission played normally otherwise.  I'm running Swifty's HUD build.

Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
"This new class of cruiser is a direct fusion of Terran and Vasudan designs."
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
HOW IS SPACESHIP BABBY FORMED

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
that's hawt
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
unf unf unf

...?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

:bump:

If you do decide to bring Derelict up to par.  I would be happy to help with testing.  It was one of the first user created mods I played and has remained one of my favorites.

EDIT: Assuming you need additional testers that is.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:41:03 pm by Aurora Paradox »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well, at the moment there's a serious shortage of active testers. There are two campaigns I worked on which are waiting for testing, and no one is available to test them. :nervous:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:18:02 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
Hey Mobius, I could test stuff on the lower difficulty levels, I happen to have some free time. :nod: PM me if I can help! :)
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

I usually play campaigns on medium difficulty and only lower it if absolutely necessary.  Send me a PM as well if I can help.  Please note though, this would be my first experience with testing FreeSpace 2 campaigns.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'm asking the others about this. I'll let you know. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline noiiSe

as far as my only playthrough of derelict on 3.6.12 (didnt try on 3.6.10) is concerned, there are occansional issue with the narylathotep's main beam "accuracy":

more specifically,

in the mission when a bunch of civilians hijacked 5 cruisers and gathered some non-combat ships to whine about their not being payed, the narylathotep fired its beam and MISSed the aeolus cruiser and i had to manually destroy that ship to trigger the diagolue (which still says aeolus destroyed by the lucifer)

and in the mission after, where narylathotep cut itself loose from the docking rings: it was supposed to obliberate the sobek with one beam hit but MISSed. Then the lucifer then was NOT able to fire again and just sit for its impounding death (and desipte the sobek captain saying things like 'we dont have a chance, avenge us', the ship survived). the mission was not able to continue after the lucifer's destruction and even if i expected a heroic welcome for eliminating the biggest threat to GTVA since the second great war, the debriefing only lectured me not to depart the battlefield without proper order (which doesnt come 5 minutes after narylathotep is gone). :mad:

i apologize for not having any debug logs and not able to remember the mission names. i played the mod a while ago and neither of these issues took place after i replayed the missions.

hope it helps :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
That's better than nothing, so don't worry. What we need now is help, more help. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
i suspect beam fade  :nervous:

If you need a tester. Well I could help:).