FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

[RELEASE] I made a 1080p HUD

<< < (3/6) > >>

Shivan Hunter:
TacOne: The original HUD does look a bit cramped! That was something I tried to stay mostly away from, I just wanted the readably large components/text back.

Yarn: I'm considering whether to scale gauges - I may make a version with and one without. My goal was actually to make a HUD that looked the same on various screen resolutions, so I want it to stretch (within a given aspect ratio).

I know the ridiculously small HUD is new, but it's still a problem, so I took the opportunity to make a HUD that was large and still looked decently crisp at 1080p (I also specifically wanted a radar with more resolution, since I like the idea of radar icons but they looked too pixelated on the 1024x768 scaled HUD).

Yarn:

--- Quote from: Shivan Hunter on November 27, 2015, 06:22:03 pm ---Yarn: I'm considering whether to scale gauges - I may make a version with and one without. My goal was actually to make a HUD that looked the same on various screen resolutions, so I want it to stretch (within a given aspect ratio).

--- End quote ---
You might have misunderstood me. I was saying that if your HUD uses +Origin/+Offset, it won't be distorted in non-16:9 aspect ratios. The gauges will still be scaled up as appropriate so long as you don't disable gauge scaling. To see what I mean, play barebones FS2 (no mods, MediaVPs, or custom HUDs) at 1024x768 resolution (and make sure it's actually displayed in 4:3 format, not 16:9!), then play barebones FS2 at 1920x1080.

BirdofPrey:
Oh, you redid the radar icons too?
Wish I had known about this ahead of time since I too redid the radar icons some months ago.  I could have done another pass to clean them up real quick for you.

AdmiralRalwood:
As of this Nightly, every feature used by this HUD should be supported.

deathspeed:
I must be doing something wrong.  I put the files in my mediavps_2014 folder and am using the 11/29 nightly standard Windows build, but while playing the FSBlue campaign I don't notice any difference in the HUD size.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version