Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

Discord issue

(1/15) > >>

Fusion:
Would like to jump in that apparently the insanity which caused Mjn to leave the Discord also resulted in me being banned from said Discord. I’ve reached out to DahBlount and haven’t heard anything back one way or another. Have done nothing against the Discord rules, but I have a suspicion as to why I was banned - and if that suspicion is true, I’m extremely concerned that staff take the word of a certain person as gospel.

EDIT: Heard back from DahBlount. He still has no idea why I was banned or what’s going on with this. I’m even more concerned now.

The E:
You were banned due to credible accusations of being a holocaust denier. We do not tolerate that.

Fusion:

--- Quote from: The E on February 03, 2021, 01:15:25 pm ---You were banned due to credible accusations of being a holocaust denier. We do not tolerate that.

--- End quote ---

And by “credible accusations” you mean Phantom told you I was and you believed him. Phantom has been claiming for over a year now that I am a Nazi, and has repeatedly harassed and targeted me every time we end up crossing paths in the Discord. I have gone out of my way to avoid him because multiple people in the community have made it clear to me that he is a known ****-stirrer and troublemaker. The fact that you didn’t even message me in response to this ridiculous accusation - in fact, you blocked me when I so much as asked you why I was banned - and I spent a day and a half trying fruitlessly to get an answer from someone on HLP staff regarding why I was banned frankly is a sign of how off the rails things have gone.

This community’s been in existence for over twenty years. Why are we all now turning on each other like a tribe squabbling over the last remaining food and water?

The E:

--- Quote from: Andreas Rybak on February 03, 2021, 01:21:28 pm ---And by “credible accusations” you mean Phantom told you I was and you believed him. Phantom has been claiming for over a year now that I am a Nazi, and has repeatedly harassed and targeted me every time we end up crossing paths in the Discord. I have gone out of my way to avoid him because multiple people in the community have made it clear to me that he is a known ****-stirrer and troublemaker. The fact that you didn’t even message me in response to this ridiculous accusation - in fact, you blocked me when I so much as asked you why I was banned - and I spent a day and a half trying fruitlessly to get an answer from someone on HLP staff regarding why I was banned frankly is a sign of how off the rails things have gone.

This community’s been in existence for over twenty years. Why are we all now turning on each other like a tribe squabbling over the last remaining food and water?

--- End quote ---

What Phantom has said has been corroborated by several other people, all of whom are individually trustworthy.
This isn't a case where one single statement (or even repeated statements) by one person, regardless of who they are, is enough evidence. But when multiple people make similar accusations and provide screencaps, then that is enough for me.

Secondly, when I tried to message you back, Discord told me that a message could not be delivered since you didn't accept messages from people who are not on your friends list, so I blocked you.

Fusion:

--- Quote from: The E on February 03, 2021, 01:30:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Andreas Rybak on February 03, 2021, 01:21:28 pm ---And by “credible accusations” you mean Phantom told you I was and you believed him. Phantom has been claiming for over a year now that I am a Nazi, and has repeatedly harassed and targeted me every time we end up crossing paths in the Discord. I have gone out of my way to avoid him because multiple people in the community have made it clear to me that he is a known ****-stirrer and troublemaker. The fact that you didn’t even message me in response to this ridiculous accusation - in fact, you blocked me when I so much as asked you why I was banned - and I spent a day and a half trying fruitlessly to get an answer from someone on HLP staff regarding why I was banned frankly is a sign of how off the rails things have gone.

--- End quote ---

What Phantom has said has been corroborated by several other people, all of whom are individually trustworthy.
This isn't a case where one single statement (or even repeated statements) by one person, regardless of who they are, is enough evidence. But when multiple people make similar accusations and provide screencaps, then that is enough for me.

Secondly, when I tried to message you back, Discord told me that a message could not be delivered since you didn't accept messages from people who are not on your friends list, so I blocked you.

--- End quote ---

I know who the individuals in question are. I understand they share certain similar political views and view certain jokes made in bad taste. Yes, I made politically insensitive comments well over a year and a half ago in order to deliberately rile up certain extremely sensitive users in a political channel that I left over a year ago. Said individuals(some of whom are online right now) have attempted to over the last year ensure I never do anything in the community again in a campaign of targeted harassment. The fact that these claims have been made to you only now when the community is riled up should be a clear sign there is insincerity and an agenda at work.

As for messaging me back - I know that’s not true because up to when I attempted to message you we were friends. I had added you on my new Discord same day I had made it and rejoined the community - was the only way I could have been able to message you as we weren’t in the same Discord. I attempted to message you after the fact, then checked and saw that you had unfriended me. Attempted to add you as a friend again and got the notification I couldn’t do so, indicating I had been blocked.

If it will unabashedly dispel these false claims about me, will go ahead and publicly state it here for the record - Yes, I believe the Holocaust happened. I believe Hitler actively engaged in a campaign of genocide against ethnic and religious Jews in Germany - Jews who just twenty years ago he had fought beside in the trenches of World War I - and allowed horrendous and egregious crimes against humanity to happen to them in an act of barbarism unparalleled. I pray that such an indication of the inherently evil nature of man never happens again, and actively disavow any suggestions that I support, praise, or otherwise hold a positive view of the Holocaust in any way, shape, or form.

I am extremely disappointed in the blatantly abusive moderation of the Discord, particularly the statement of the Discord owner to me in DMs that he has continually believed I have been a Nazi for years, has evidently tolerated it for this long, and only now has decided to ban me without any opportunity for me to be able to defend myself - additionally rejecting any defenses with “you’re still a Nazi.” I highly recommend a reevaluation of the Discord staff and potentially a complete refreshing of the Discord since I see no chance this will ever change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version