Author Topic: Android game like Freespace?  (Read 1949 times)

Android game like Freespace?
What if any are the best Freespace like games on Android?  Just curious if anyone has played one.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: Android game like Freespace?
Strike Wing: Raptor Rising, actually i think, that this is quite good.

But i have to admit, that i like the Freeware X-Wing Flight and it's TIE counterpart Dark Side much more, even they do not have any campaign or story. But for a quick random space combat mission they are simply great.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:37:49 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

X-Wing Flight and Dark Side looked promising but I don't think either support a gamepad which would be nice. Battle of Sol would have been good but it was dropped.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
If you want to play with Gamepad, than i would suggest an DosBox and/or ePSXe installation and then Games like Wing Commander, TIE-Fighter or Colony Wars :D
And is your device fast enough, maybe it is also ready to run a PS2 Emulator for the PS2 Port of Freespace 2 :D
Even i dropped all further development of the ports on the penultimate generation of consoles with the end of 2017, because they were not used anymore and so to have more time for other things.

Well, i have to say, that i am not playing with Gamepad on Smartphones, because i am only playing if i am on the way or have to wait a few minutes for a friend.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:42:20 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And is your device fast enough, maybe it is also ready to run a PS2 Emulator for the PS2 Port of Freespace 2 :D

Do not advertise things that can't be found, please.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Have you had the chance to dive into any of these titles? It's always interesting to see how different games approach the space combat genre on mobile platforms.