Author Topic: What the f***edy f***ed f***?  (Read 7662 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
What the f***edy f***ed f***?
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/student-found-weapons-orange-co-elementary-school/nZ8DK/?ecmp=wftv_social_201312470064 :banghead:

ORLANDO, Fla. — A 9-year-old boy who made his first court appearance on school weapons charges was sentenced to home confinement Friday.
School officials said the boy brought multiple weapons to his elementary school in Hunter's Creek Wednesday.
An officer searched the student's bag and found an unloaded handgun, a magazine with six bullets inside, a steak knife and small-handled sledge hammer.
The guns came from his father's home, officials said.
A judge ordered the boy to home confinement and said his parents need to keep any and all weapons away from him.

The boy's father said he was playing a character he learned from the video game Minecraft.

"They use hammers to dig and knives and guns to protect themselves from zombies," the boy's father said.

Officials at Endeavor Elementary School on Balcombe Road said the 9-year-old boy told three friends before school that he had the weapons. Those three reported the information to a school resource officer, who found the student and isolated him from others in the school.

School officials said all protocols were followed, and authorities were called in to investigate.

The boy was charged with possession of a firearm on school grounds, possession of a concealed weapon and possession of a firearm by a minor.

No injuries were reported.

The boy was so tiny that his detention uniform engulfed him and he could barely see the judge over the podium Friday.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I couldn't believe it," said the boy's father.

The father said his son was just acting out the game.

He believes the gun could never have been fired.

"Well, the gun was stored in a drawer but the firing pin component had been removed," the boy's father said.
Seriously? They must be getting desperate if they start throwing their flaming ignorance javelins at Minecraft.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: What the f***edy f***ed f***?
i don't see any attacks on minecraft or "ignorance javelins" here. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, that's just ridiculous. The kid, the authorities, the whole situation! And all because of one, dumb kid and his dumb game. Back when I was 9 years old, I was playing with Legos. This was even better than Minecraft could ever hope to be. Also, it's somewhat ironic that the kid was sentenced to home confinement. For that kind of kid, it's no punishment. Now he can play Minecraft all day, all he wants. :lol:

FLAMING IGNORANCE JAVELINS
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
This is stupid. The father sucks at being a parent, what was he thinking. Idk if an 9 year old needed to be charged in court. But this is beyond ridiculous. And there are no guns in minecraft....

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Or hammers, or knives.  Hell maybe he meant Terraria. :p

Offline Lorric

Maybe the minecraft thing is true? This isn't GTA. It's an innocent game. Why else would he be loading up on weapons at that age? It might all be perfectly innocent. Closest things he could get to minecraft gear? Load me down like Rambo if you like, but I won't actually use any of that stuff unless you try to hurt me.

They must have talked to the boy. It's a shame we don't know what he had to say. We need to know what he had to say to judge this properly and see if there's any substance to this Minecraft thing.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm laughing really hard right now
Definitely wondering if the overall intelligence of people is dropping as years progress

"No"

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
The biggest point to be made here is that IF YOU OWN FIREARMS, THEY SHOULD BE STORED SOMEWHERE YOUR ****ING NINE-YEAR-OLD CAN'T EASILY GET AT THEM.

I don't care if the firing pin was out (thank goodness for that at least), the father is the one who should be charged here.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Maybe the minecraft thing is true? This isn't GTA. It's an innocent game. Why else would he be loading up on weapons at that age? It might all be perfectly innocent. Closest things he could get to minecraft gear? Load me down like Rambo if you like, but I won't actually use any of that stuff unless you try to hurt me.

They must have talked to the boy. It's a shame we don't know what he had to say. We need to know what he had to say to judge this properly and see if there's any substance to this Minecraft thing.

Seriously? The point is that the parents (or the dad) is an utter idiot. Who lets their son goes to school with such instruments?  It doesn't matter whether the minecraft thing is true. The response to this is not about the kid. Its all about the PARENT

Offline Lorric

Seriously? The point is that the parents (or the dad) is an utter idiot. Who lets their son goes to school with such instruments?  It doesn't matter whether the minecraft thing is true. The response to this is not about the kid. Its all about the PARENT
Everyone was talking about Minecraft. I think the main point is just plainly obvious, and that's why no one was talking about it. It's a joke this kid can just go strolling through his house loading up on weapons and then take them into school, what were the parent/s doing?!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Everyone was talking about Minecraft. I think the main point is just plainly obvious, and that's why no one was talking about it. It's a joke this kid can just go strolling through his house loading up on weapons and then take them into school, what were the parent/s doing?!
Not following their child around 24/7?  Not searching their child's backpack every morning?  Not being the NSA?

The dad was at least smart enough to make sure the weapon wouldn't fire as is, which is a Hell of a lot more than you can say for some of the other parents out there in similar cases.

Offline Lorric

Not following their child around 24/7?  Not searching their child's backpack every morning?  Not being the NSA?

The dad was at least smart enough to make sure the weapon wouldn't fire as is, which is a Hell of a lot more than you can say for some of the other parents out there in similar cases.
You've said enough to make me stop and think. If the gun cannot be fired, I suppose everything is okay. I'm not keen on the child even being able to get these things, although I'm not sure what you can really do about the kitchen knife. And I certainly sympathise with it being something you just wouldn't expect at all.

I also imagined the child just picking these things up right before they went to school and the parent/s being too busy/oblivious to notice. But we don't know when he got them. Or however many other kids might have been running around.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

If the dad was any sort of intelligent, his gun wouldn't be in an unlocked drawer (or the ammunition for that matter)
The gun is really the only thing that can be traced back to parental failure anyhow. Anything else is entirely on the kid.

"No"

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
The gun should have been locked up and wtf, charging a nine year old?

Id say the kid is the least crazy of those involved.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The weapon couldn't fire, so all is well.
Without the pin, it is dead weight and as much of a danger as a water pistol.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mika

Parental responsibility, what's that?

Apparently, there are several mistakes around here. First is not to educate the kid about using the gun and then leaving the gun accessible. Either you go shooting with your kid at very young age and follow very closely everything he does, or don't let him have any sort of access to firearms or pellet guns at all. And I mean the weapon itself, without any bullets.

Second mistake is to leave ammunition available thinking that to be safe. It is more than likely that the kids WILL take the bullets themselves if they can get them. And that's about equally dangerous condition when you start to think about it. I don't want to list things here about what you can do solely with the ammunition, use your imagination.
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline watsisname

The weapon couldn't fire, so all is well.
Without the pin, it is dead weight and as much of a danger as a water pistol.

I sarcastically welcome you to go to into any public place waving an unloaded or pin-less firearm around and then tell me that all is well.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Nice way to cover your ass, using a game that does not feature firearms.
The parent should be punished with a permanent ban to use any and all kinds of weapons for showing such incompetence at safekeeping them.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Actually, Minecraft is fairly easy to mod. Just because it has no guns by default, doesn't mean the kid didn't download something that added them. Also, he could've been playing Guncraft, which is like Minecraft, but with guns and FPS-style gameplay (just when you thought it couldn't get any dumber...). Really, all that stupid kid needs is a good, solid ban on his computer. The only think his father did wrong was to store the gun improperly, but since the firing pin was out, I don't think it warrants that much punishment. Actually, all this fuss could make him lock that pistol in some high place, so the little brat won't take it again.