Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98559 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
The Commentovore consumes all 😜
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I just got notified of a YouTube comment a second time that I couldn't find on the video. Think YouTube is eating your comments.

I guess because it was long. But I posted it here as well. Above the your post I quoted. Oh please set your controls according to the link below:

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=98170.msg1913983#msg1913983

Offline CT27

In all seriousness RMJ, I did like this episode.  I'm very grateful to you and Colt and others in this playthrough for giving AFR and TBG more reach and exposure.  Thank you.

I saw part of the video at the end where Colt was talking about the length of the campaign and people speculated about the length of TBG:

You just completed Act 2.  In TBG, there are five acts total (Act 3 is only five playable missions IIRC).

If one looks in the mission part of the techroom one will see that there are 38 mission files (that includes missions and cutscenes actually).  "The Crowning" was #16.  So, you have completed 16/38 of TBG so far.  If I had to guess, you will need at least two (maybe three) more 'sessions' of TBG to complete it at this rate.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I missed the german guy, Hendricks, though. He's not in Teams Speak.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Ok. In your 3rd stream. I guess you'll reach the mission, "Solar Eclipse." This is a red-alert mission. Very tricky. I'll give you a non-spoiler hint.

In the 1st part os "Solar Eclipse," pack a lot of Trebuchets, at least two banks. Do not use them here.

In the 2nd part of Solar Eclipse, go for the bombers immediately. Order ALL wings to cover you. Destroy as many bombers as you can in strictly 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, turn your attention to the Anubis Cruisers (Vasudan). Disarm them (weapon subs) then go back to the bombers and destroy them all. Then destroy the cruisers.

Now, pay attention to the directives. The order of the directive is a hint.  Do them in order. I can only tell you with limited info because If tell you what will happen, it's a spoiiler.

Offline CT27

Herkie, on FB, recommended these pieces of general advice for everyone for TBG:

1-If the default ship for a mission is the Raptor, that probably means there will be some subsystem work needed to be done. 

Herkie recommends you take the Blizzard in a bank in that case. 
This is just my opinion though:  I tend to take the Maxim instead (it has a noticeably longer range and does almost as much subsystem damage).  Though if you RMJ, or anyone else, prefers the Blizzard then that's fine.

2-He said the Starfury and Devastator is a good combo because there's no 'linking penalty'.

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
It's Naru's birthday today. Go flood the comments harassing him to start streaming Overwatch like he's been threatening to do for a year now. Oh yeah, and wish him some warm birthday wishes. :P

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxbZ9RsYVq-pkIKf5M0Z9Vqye4Rf_dDV3h
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I'm here guys.... after a long absence. Well, I was cleaning up the assets of Reunion 3.... ****, this mod has a hundred issues and I am halfway of cleaning them. Hopefully, when these tons of errors gets cleaned up, Ian Baker will start getting the campaign going. Of course, I will be testing them.

EDIT: ... oops... wrong thread... :lol:

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
It's Naru's birthday today. Go flood the comments harassing him to start streaming Overwatch like he's been threatening to do for a year now. Oh yeah, and wish him some warm birthday wishes. :P

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxbZ9RsYVq-pkIKf5M0Z9Vqye4Rf_dDV3h

Done.. I greeted him....

Oh, Joe. I can't wait if you do Halo.... i am an expert of Halo 1, 2 and 3 and all rhe expansions in between.... I'm still playing them right now on my PC

Offline CT27

To add to the discussion that happened on the recent video concerning Procyon Insurgency:  overall it is a very good campaign, but (as others said) it can be fairly difficult in the later missions.

One of the reasons for its above average difficulty is that a couple important weapons have been nerfed:
-The Kayser in PI now only has a range of 575 (vs. normally 975)
-The Maxim's range has basically been cut in half to 2000.  Also, the Maxim seems to have a little more kickback...and it now fires in a shotgun formation (somewhat similar to the AFR/TBG Starfury) instead of a straight shot.  I don't remember the exact stats, but it also seems to do less damage to enemy turrets as well now.

As for an update on TBG:  You just completed "At The Ship's Helm."  That means you are now (according to the mission page in the techroom) 24/38 finished with TBG.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 07:02:11 pm by CT27 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Joe,

Creator advice;

Stick close to your objectives. Do not be distracted with the fighting that is really far from you. They are "fillers" or atmosphere building. Do not stray from your objectives or you will definitely fail.

Online Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Maybe you could script some reminders into the missions to remind players to not stray too far?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Maybe you could script some reminders into the missions to remind players to not stray too far?

Yeah, I could. Adding some dialogue lines. Good idea, Dekker.  :)

Online Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
If distance = greater than blah blah.
Three strikes = failed
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline CT27

Some more general advice for the TBG stream:

Judging by where you're at, I don't think you'll quite be able to finish TBG in one more video/stream.  However, I don't think you'll need two full ones.  If you use your normal full time for a stream (~4 hours) this weekend (Feb. 19) you'll probably be able to get through a chunk of Act 5 and then have very little left for the final stream (assumed to be Feb. 26).

My advice would be to complete Act 4 this weekend and then quit when you get to the Act 5 screen.  You could then finish the campaign next weekend (Act 5 is the last one).  Overall my opinion is that it would probably be better to have two medium-ish length streams rather than one normal length one and a really short one.  Your call though.

If you need to fill more time after finishing the campaign (and FYI so people don't miss it, there's an important post-credits scene), you could read some of the intelligence entries Herkie and I wrote.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
It's easier for me to respond to Herkie's usual questions about my feelings on his campaign here on a medium where everyone can see it and evaluate my thoughts. Yes, I THOROUGHLY enjoy anything that demands problem-solving, and well-done combat puzzles are very satisfying for me. I don't feel like I'm a hero blowing up ships way larger than I should plausibly be able to, I feel like a hero when I outmaneuver and exploit a weakness against overwhelming odds and get to feel like this:

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

I don't feel like I'm a hero blowing up ships way larger than I should plausibly be able to, I feel like a hero when I outmaneuver and exploit a weakness against overwhelming odds and get to feel like this:

That's exactly what I thought when making TBG. I mean, leave the hostile large ships to friendly capships (unless you are in a capital ship). All you can do with capital ships is tactics, destroying subsystem and other weaknesses. TBG is more tactical than AFR. Meanwhile, AFR is more like an arcade game and it was focused on racking up kills.

I'm glad you enjoyed TBG despite of its slower pace (because of the story-telling).  :)

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
For reference of my video gaming background, I grew up on Zelda games and puzzle platformers.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
For reference of my video gaming background, I grew up on Zelda games and puzzle platformers.

No wonder you have an act in solving puzzles. I mean, I got grilled for the missions in TBG. But to my opinion, the puzzle difficulties in TBG is in par with Blue Planet Act 3.

My puzzle-solving prowess takes from my favorite game, the Tomb Raider series.

By the way, Blue Planet is my inspiration that's why most of BP concepts are in the AFR universe, the ships and the Shivan telepathic link between the Shivan Blue Guardian and Richter which is conveyed in AFR 1. It's in his logs. Now, the telepathic thing (Nagari in Blue Planet) is a bit elaborated here in TBG.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
.... And when I made the original Aftermath way back in 2012, there were fewer FS mods to download, along with Procyon Insurgency, Destiny of Peace, and others. But Blue Planet sticks to my soul. BP influenced me in a degree that absolutely guided me in mod making.

When I made TBG in 2017, the only mods I've known and played are Exile, BTA, and Shadow Genesis (made by Betrayal aka Nyctaeus). Those mods taught me much and they also influenced me but not as much as Blue Planet.