Author Topic: GoG is cool  (Read 3781 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
As proven by a 48 hour Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition for free offer
http://j.mp/DukeNukem3DFREE
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
AW YISS, Motha Fukhin' free Duke!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
It will go nicely with my free Fallout that I got the last time they did the free thing
And the Free Fallout 2 from the buy one get one
So yes. I concur
"No"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Their sales change every day. Right now it's Witcher 2 for 75% off as well as other stuff. I just bought their Bullfrog Bundle cause there were a few games on that list I didn't already own and at the ridiculous price it was worth it just to satisfy the itch I've had recently to replay Populous the Beginning again.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lorric

Their sales change every day. Right now it's Witcher 2 for 75% off as well as other stuff. I just bought their Bullfrog Bundle cause there were a few games on that list I didn't already own and at the ridiculous price it was worth it just to satisfy the itch I've had recently to replay Populous the Beginning again.

No Bullfrog bundle  :(

They've got Total Annihilation Commander Pack for $2.99 though. I've heard a lot of good things about that game so I'm going to grab it.

Offline Lorric

It's worth noting if anyone wants Freespace 1, that's had it's price cut in half too.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

They've got Total Annihilation Commander Pack for $2.99 though. I've heard a lot of good things about that game so I'm going to grab it.

TA is freaking amazing "two continents" is a cracking skirmish map, dont get TA:kingdoms though, iirc it was not worthy of the TA name.  Original TA also has a mass of community content and stuff for it worth looking at.
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lorric

TA is freaking amazing "two continents" is a cracking skirmish map, dont get TA:kingdoms though, iirc it was not worthy of the TA name.  Original TA also has a mass of community content and stuff for it worth looking at.

Another one who likes it. It's being copied onto my computer now as I type. They've got loads of stuff on sale at Gog right now. I'm going to browse through and see if there's anything else.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
It's worth noting if anyone wants Freespace 1, that's had it's price cut in half too.

I've got that **** on CD
It's like an antique
"No"

Offline Lorric

How reliable is GOG anyone? Anyone had any problems with it? Total Annihilation Commander Pack was only my third Gog download, and I just can't get it to work. It won't even start.

All the Jagged Alliances, FTL, and To the Moon are on sale now, too!
I can't stress enough how good To the Moon is. If anybody missed me shouting about it earlier, you need to play it now!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
How reliable is GOG anyone? Anyone had any problems with it? Total Annihilation Commander Pack was only my third Gog download, and I just can't get it to work. It won't even start.

They're generally very, very good actually. If you can't get something to work go to the My Games section, click on Total Annihilation and then the forums. Check the stickies first but if they don't help, the forum almost certainly will.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
if you're trying to use their download manager thing, just do it as a normal download instead.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Lorric

if you're trying to use their download manager thing, just do it as a normal download instead.

It was a normal download. I tried all sorts with that thing, it got re-downloaded and installed 3 times, I messed with the compatibility, installed newest drivers to my graphics card. It doesn't recognise the launcher icons. It does when it first downloads, but not after that. It slows my computer to a crawl as well when I try to launch it, whether from a launcher/shortcut icon, or from the application itself, so I have to restart the computer with every fresh attempt.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I can't stress enough how good To the Moon is. If anybody missed me shouting about it earlier, you need to play it now!

Okay, I'm sold on it. Now I just need to find some time to play.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
To the moon, eh? that music.... I might just get it.
el hombre vicio...

Grimrock for $7.50?  Sold.

Master of Magic for $2.50?  I'd buy the manual for that!  (Seriously, if GoG offered a printed, bound copy of the manual for $2.50 and some shipping, I'd buy it.)

I bought an extra copy of Icewind Dale 2 as well, not because I particularly like it, but because I have been itching to play it again, and the disc version comes with one of the nastier versions of StarForce.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

Offline Lorric

Yes, the Bullfrog Bundle I wanted is back. Among many other excellent deals that you people should look into if you like GOG.

I've just bought the Bullfrog Bundle despite not being able to get Total Annihilation to work. I wonder how many of these will work.