Author Topic: Unfunny jokes  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
They're inferior anyway, the fact of using a PC grants you automatic authority over any console in the past, present of future. :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
not on dutch

This is not a dutch forum. As such, we have to be careful with these things.

They're inferior anyway, the fact of using a PC grants you automatic authority over any console in the past, present of future. :)

Shut up and grow up.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Shut up and grow up.
You seriously think I meant this seriously? If so, you're seriously too serious. Ba-dum-dish. :)
And if you're just not in a mood for absurd comedy, don't spoil the joke.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You wanna do comedy, you gotta learn how jokes work. Till then, shut up and grow the **** up already.

To elaborate:

Your only response to this thread is "You don't need that anyway, you have a PC!", which is neither on topic, nor helpful, nor funny.

You seriously think I meant this seriously?
In the absence of [subtext] tags, I have to rely on my reading comprehension skills. Your post falls so squarely into PC GAMING MASTER RACE nonsense that Poe's Law applies.

If so, you're seriously too serious. Ba-dum-dish.
Strange that only people who behave like assholes say that. I think I'm going to stay just the way I am, seems like I'm doing the right thing.

And if you're just not in a mood for absurd comedy, don't spoil the joke.
I do enjoy absurdist comedy. My Monty Python collection attests to that. What you did here, however, was neither absurd, nor comedy, but just ****ing stupid. Since there was no joke, there's nothing for me to spoil.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:32:31 pm by The E »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So much for HLP niceness policy...
Besides, who should I learn from? Polish humor is just like Russian humor, only not funny and since 1988, not Russian. :)

[serious]Really, if you don't like my jokes, then you don't need to respond. Especially not in a rude, vague manner that sparks a discussion that doesn't have much to do with the thread topic. The original joke was kind of OT. It might've not been funny, but I don't think it warranted a completely unfunny insult. Ah, despite lack of tags, the smiley, along with ridiculously over the top "PC GAMING MASTER RACE" act should be a clue. I can't believe something that over the top could be taken seriously.[/serious]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Really, if you don't like my jokes, then you don't need to respond.

Actually, yes, I do. Comes with being a moderator. If I see someone, anyone, posting the kind of crap response that started this thing, I HAVE to intervene.
At least that's how I interpret my duties.

Especially not in a rude, vague manner that sparks a discussion that doesn't have much to do with the thread topic.
I should have thought that my approach to these situations would be known by now, but I guess that was too much. Oh, I totally agree that my initial response was a bit on the short side, I definitely should have elaborated some more on why I thought that your post deserves nothing more than a good deletion and split, but really. I am kinda expecting people here to be aware of what they're posting, and how their messages may get interpreted by people who are not them.

It might've not been funny, but I don't think it warranted a completely unfunny insult.
Oh, really. What did you think you would get? A chorus of people saying "Oh Dragon, you're soo funny"? Did you honestly think that you would get anything except what you got in this context?

You should be aware that in threads posted by wouter, slightly different rules apply. Basically, you don't get to make stupid jokes. There's the entirety of GD for that.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Yeah, I don't see this going anywhere productive (and am slightly annoyed that I didn't see this coming before).  Dragon, be nice, The_E, I think you've made your point.  Thread locked just in case.