Author Topic: Homeworld Remastered Collection pre-order up on Steam release 25 feb  (Read 35582 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection pre-order up on Steam release 25 feb
Vaygr seem to be doing better; their bombers and fighters are no match for Kushan Blades, but their laser corvettes are hilariously destructive against Kushan frigates and capitals. Vaygr destroyers are once again no match for ion cannon-armed Kushan destroyers. Their Missile Frigates are a fair match against Kushan Vengeance assault frigates or Firelance ion cannon frigates, though, and their carriers seem more durable.

Vaygr assault frigates and Hiigarran flak frigates seem almost totally ineffective against HW1 strike craft. HW1 ships which can hyperspace around like mad in the frigate and destroyer categories have a huge mobility advantage if you can find the resources to exploit it.

I think some of the difficulty of comparing strikecraft and their behavior is due to the switch to squadrons in HW2.  Their effectiveness and that of their counters is predicated on them being in tight groups.  Since HW1 strikecraft come in single units and their counters are designed to kill them off singly they do not loose any effectiveness against their HW2 counterparts while HW2 ships are likely at a disadvantage.  Hiigarran and Vaygr AAA only needed to lob flak or flechettes in the general area of the squadron to get some hits, against HW1 strikecraft now they need to be more precise.

I'd imagine some of the maneuver derpiness cited with HW1 strikecraft is also related to the fact that, if i'm not mistaken, everything is now running on the HW2 code behind were the strikecraft behavior was optimized for the squadrons.  Strikecraft formation code in HW2 was meant to organize squadrons of craft not just a bunch of single units.

That said the 50s Russian Space Sub seems to chew up HW1 capitals pretty easily. 

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Now the carrier decided it wanted to be black today. (It was back to yellow the next mission)

I didn't see this blob of defenders and a heavy cruiser coming until they were ontop of my mothership. My fleet was way out in the middle. Would have been game over if they had decided to attack anything but my research station. Because they are aiming at the center point of it, all the projectiles whiffed.
(naturally, I added the heavy cruiser to my collection after)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline crizza

Damn those Khadeshi.... they send only 6 MBF against me and my eager frigates and destroyer decided to blow two up...now I'm waiting and hope they decide to build more -.-

Oh, and on that coloring of the ships...I have two pretty in pink ion cannon frigates :lol:

You know what? Screw this, I've had my last classes today, I can get myself some candy on this glorious day.

Come to think of it, I think it's like the 3rd time (out of 140 games) I've paid full price on steam...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Second CTD ffs
One hour of hard ion frigate capturing labor down the drain. Thanks gearbox
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I've had a lot of bugs where mission events won't trigger, resulting in missions not progressing anywhere. I've had to restart few missions from the beginning.

Offline Gray

you can play it at least, for me it crashes right after the intro.
the olden ones work though.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What have they done to the formation thing?

Honestly, fixed it. Large strikecraft formations tended to get your ships killed by causing them to do silly slide maneuvers that even ion cannon frigates could hit rather than keeping their speed up and being hard to target, and in general formations made them take greater losses. Enemies could retarget on the next ship more quickly than when they were in a dispersed group, spending less time trying to bring their own personal Sajuuks to bear and more time pewing.

I'm personally really annoyed it doesn't work for small frigate/capital groups (X) or large groups of frigates/capitals/multigun corvettes (wall). I'm also annoyed that the swarmers had their fuel removed, although baffled and overjoyed to discover that the Drone Frigate actually gets **** done now.

If you mean it seems to stop responding while loading the first mission, let it run; it'll work after a bit.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Gray

Honestly, fixed it. Large strikecraft formations tended to get your ships killed by causing them to do silly slide maneuvers that even ion cannon frigates could hit rather than keeping their speed up and being hard to target, and in general formations made them take greater losses. Enemies could retarget on the next ship more quickly than when they were in a dispersed group, spending less time trying to bring their own personal Sajuuks to bear and more time pewing.

I'm personally really annoyed it doesn't work for small frigate/capital groups (X) or large groups of frigates/capitals/multigun corvettes (wall). I'm also annoyed that the swarmers had their fuel removed, although baffled and overjoyed to discover that the Drone Frigate actually gets **** done now.

If you mean it seems to stop responding while loading the first mission, let it run; it'll work after a bit.

Right after the cutscene, the first Notes of the score can be heard, the screen goes black. Followed by a bluescreen.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Honestly, fixed it.
'Fixed' it by breaking it? Some fine logic there.
Bombers especially benefitted a great deal from a claw formation if you wanted a lot of firepower delivered on a single target. **** doesnt work now. Capital ships in a formation become just completely unresponsive at times.
Tactics also don't seem to do as much as it used to.

All *****ing and moaning aside, It's still a 9 outta 10 HD remaster of a timeless classic.

I don't even know what a kushan heavy cruiser looks like any more, never had the population slot open to make one.

Steam screenshots have some horrible jpg artifacts on them, bloody hell.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Narvi

I miss fuel. It was almost irrelevant but it was a nice detail.

Also the Kadesh missions are way too easy now? Is it the hitscan weapons? My multi-gun corvettes just shredded everything.

Offline Aesaar

For reference, your colors and badge in the campaign are determined by the colors and badge you've selected in the skirmish screen.

Offline Narvi

Hey, persistent battle-scars! Neat!

Someone check and see if they carry over from mission to mission.

Offline crizza

Uh...Supernova Station? I don't remember that well...but the resource fields...I think I got mining ships towards them without being killed by radiation...or could I buy something from the Bentusi the mission before?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Uh...Supernova Station? I don't remember that well...but the resource fields...I think I got mining ships towards them without being killed by radiation...or could I buy something from the Bentusi the mission before?
If you can afford to not mine that mission, its easier to just complete the mission with what you have and rake in the RU automatically after you jump.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline crizza

Well... I squandered too much at the ghosthip mission...
I just thought that I missed something when the Bentusi showed up back then.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
A good way to come out a richer man with the ghostship is to have a bunch of fighters/corvettes run interference and in the meantime send a fat wave of bombers around the back that attack the ghostship.

But yeah, the Bentusi don't give you anything related to the supernova mission
Urutorahappī!!

Offline crizza

Well, I lured them away with Scouts, but everytime I pulled them back they just go after my bomber/corvette wings...but its ok, all I need to do now ist move my frigs and destys into smaller groups and push along the fog...guess some repair corvettes are in good order to constantly heal the leading destroyer... but grabbing enemy ships will be a pain I guess...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yeah I dont think its worth bothering trying to salvage anything in the supernova mission, because your salvage corvettes will just go in a straight line back to the mothership and will probably leave the dustclouds at some point.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Ghost Ship mission was ironically a really good excuse to steal everything, or at least that damn missile destroyer. If you send in a cloud of strikecraft to distract it and then swipe the Skaal Fa then your bombers have much less to fear. Scouts are cheap and tend to live for a decent bit if you use their special ability.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story