Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 146712 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Switched server to enhanced CTF for the night. Hopefully 4+ will arrive.  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 mu
I'm up now

Back down

CTF in Ulala's
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:39:00 pm by FireCrack »
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Ulala

:yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ulala

Ack, sorry guys. Just as I was capturing a flag, my game locked, lol. Server has been re-initialized.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Ah, okay. There were some strange things happening with the flags anyway; there were two flags of the same color at times and no flag at other times. I wonder why it doesn't just disconnect everyone when the host crashes. I'm going to be a bit busy with homework for the rest of the night, but will join you guys tomorrow.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i think i fell asleep the other day before the server came back on. maybe il catch a big game tomorrow.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
CP5670,

if the host crashes, another client becomes the host.

Offline Ulala

Good to know. I very much crashed, lol.. I moved into the capture zone and everything just stopped. Hard. Had to ctrl+alt+del my way outta there, but everything was mega slow, so I gave up and rebooted.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
CP5670,

if the host crashes, another client becomes the host.

That's interesting; I haven't seen any other game that can do this. This feature would have been extremely nice to have in FS2 in the PXO days.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 05:07:19 pm by CP5670 »

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
Good to know. I very much crashed, lol.. I moved into the capture zone and everything just stopped. Hard. Had to ctrl+alt+del my way outta there, but everything was mega slow, so I gave up and rebooted.

Check the tasks still running with Task Manager (or better: Process Explorer, a nice free Task Manager replacement) and look in the process list, not the application list. If you see any D2X-XL processes still active, kill them.

Geez, I really need to play some games with you and run the game in the debugger while doing so. Might reveal some bugs I could fix, as it looks. :nervous:

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Well, it seemed noone but me and kudos realy showed up last night (though kudos kept crashing), where was evreyone else?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
seems every time i get in the action is ending or the server just crashed or was down to begin with. id like to see some big games but i always seem to miss them. the trackers are up so im gonna open a dm server for now and maybe somone will show up
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I was checking for it at regular intervals yesterday but there was always only one person (the host) listed in it. I joined once for a little while but nobody was around, as the host wasn't playing. After 1:30 or so I just gave up. Not sure what happened.

Offline Ulala

I left it up last night, but was spending the evening with my lady, so I was unable to play. For some reason I thought quite a few were planning on playing last night? Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Server is down for the moment, had to restart my computer, then got called into work.. it should be back this evening (6pm-ish) Pacific time.  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Is anyone going to be free over the weekend? Maybe we could try setting this up again.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Might be, but not likely, this past week has been my time to play descent.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
What is "Hydrolysis"? Tried joining, didn't work. Auto DL feature wasn't working either.

What is "Hydrolysis"? Tried joining, didn't work. Auto DL feature wasn't working either.

Its in the missions pack that was posted a few days ago.  Theres a link earlier on in the tread.

Grab it quick cause Im dyin for a game... ^_^
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline watsisname

I looked in every now and then but I only met up with one person.  I guess we all just didn't meet at the right times.  I'll look in again tonight between 9 and 12pm Eastern.  Hope to see you all there! 

BTW, Thursday night there was some issue with one of the levels (forgot the name but it had a bunch of teleporters and a windtunnel sort of thing).  I was able to join but for some reason it would crash after approximately one minute, and it did this every time I tried to play.  Anyone else experience this problem or know what could have caused it?
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'll probably be free tonight and will check the server every now and then. Hopefully we can get a few people.