Author Topic: W.W.N.S.?  (Read 2227 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Yes,
What Would Narn Say?

for finishing the Narn message.tbl alterations (details once done) I require two samples "orginial" narn text for the following stuff (actually all msg wingmen could send according to message.tbl):

ALL HOSTILES DOWN
ENEMY WING ARRIVED
ORDERED TO ATTACK TARGET
REINFORCEMENT ARRIVED
[Q'Lon/T'Kal/V'Tok/N'Shal] WING ARRIVED
PLAYER CHECK REAR
DIES
ORDERED TO DEPART
ORDERED TO DISABLE TARGET
ORDERED TO DISARM TARGET
ORDERED TO ENGAGE ENEMY
NEEDS HELP
ORDERED TO INGNORE TARGET
SAYING NO
ORDERED TO ATTACK/PROTECT NON-EXSISTANT TARGET
FRIENDLY FIRE
PLAYER DOWN
PLAYER SCORED KILL
CALLS REARM
CALLS REPAIR
PLAYER STRAYS
PLAYER TRAITOR
SAYING YES
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:16:55 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
can we also have this for brakri, minbari, shadows, vorlons, ect?

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
FRIENDLY FIRE

Won't work in 3.6.9 Official builds. You should record these because they will play in 3.6.10 but don't waste your time trying to hear them them get played in 3.6.9 cause they simply don't play.

PLAYER TRAITOR

Won't play unless you actually shoot the ship with that persona until you turn traitor. Otherwise you'll just get the command traitor message (if have command turned off in post 3.6.9 builds you will hear it)

PLAYER STRAYS

Won't play at all. Might be worth recording in case this is every fixed but right now there is no in-game way to test these.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

can we also have this for brakri, minbari, shadows, vorlons, ect?

If I got the ani-files to do that it is possible when using the mod-feature; more on this later....

@kara:
Thanks for the advice
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline -Norbert-

DIES
I guess for this you could take the sound of the narns that get blown up when brining G'Kar out of the Za'ha'dum system, or rather some part of it.
The full quote, if memory serves me right goes like this:
"In death we salute you, honour our names. Good bye." *explosion* *shadow fighter screeming and exploding* ;)

Since it is a bit long for dieing, maybe just the "in death we salure you" part. Maybe move it over to static in sentence. "In death we sa zzzzzzz".

And in the episode were the Narn and Cantauri freighters fight outside the station ("And now for a word"??) you can pick up some one word commands in Narn. Of course we don't know what they mean exactly, but they most likely are something like attack, fire or destroy them.

Offline 0rph3u5

"In death we salute you, honour our names. Good bye." *explosion* *shadow fighter screeming and exploding* ;)

thx...
I made both death-msg from that quote:
"I death I salute you... <contact lost>"
"Honor my name... <contact lost>"

"And now for a word"

well in the beginning squence there is something said on Narn before the Narn freighter destroys the centauri one... but I'm not pretty sure what it should mean... it could mean (as you suggested) "Attack! Attack! Attack!" but also "We found it! We found it! We found it!" ('cause that centauir freighter was a weapons "smuggler") or "Die, Centauri! Die!" (which is unlikely 'cause he is repeating the same word three times)

==================