Author Topic: New BBI Homeworld  (Read 4082 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Saw it, found it pretty interesting.  I wonder if they will be keeping with the mysterious graveyard salvage planet story or completely rework it to take place on Kharak with competing Kiths.  Either way going full commercial and not some FTP Facebook game sounds great to me.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
You don't trust the majority of the people who created the Homeworld franchise to make a Homeworld prequel with the money Gearbox is throwing at them?

They did a pretty impressive job of ****ing up the sequel, so no.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Well, yeah. Homeworld 2 was an awful ****ing sequel. Why are people so optimistic? We don't know, but given how HW2 turned out, I expect it to have a radius where everything in the center is quality, and the farther you go from the center, the ****tier it gets, just like HW2.

Seriously people, optimism is cool and all, but we have no reason to think that it's gonna be all high-quality and everything. Again, it's probably going to be in the middle.

But if it does turn out awesome, then color me pleasantly surprised.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
They didn't. Sierra did, when they told them to scrap Dust Wars and restart from scratch with a quarter of the dev time left.

You should look up some information before criticizing people who did an excellent job given the terrible conditions that had to work in. And I suggest you apologize.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
We don't know, but given how HW2 turned out, I expect it to have a radius where everything in the center is quality, and the farther you go from the center, the ****tier it gets, just like HW2.

The hell does this even mean? Homeworld 2 wasn't even that bad. It was no HW or HW:C but it was still worth picking up for 20 dollars, especially with all the mods that are lying around. And I have no reason to believe that these people will make the same mistakes that made HW2 not quite as good as it should've been.

They didn't. Sierra did, when they told them to scrap Dust Wars and restart from scratch with a quarter of the dev time left.

You should look up some information before criticizing people who did an excellent job given the terrible conditions that had to work in. And I suggest you apologize.

Still doesn't mean I trust them.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Reason for distrust revealed to be misinformation or outright falsehood.

Still distrusts.

Yeah.  Making lots of sense there.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
It's like how I know any Freespace game made by Volition would be crap

Offline Luis Dias

"... and I suggest you apologize"

Wait what? To whom? Come on, I understand if people get annoyed because I and others are being less than optimistic, but isn't this thread just going down the busters too fast?

I make a peace offer: I hereby proclaim my hope that the game turns out good, if not great. I won't further share what I believe it will turn out to be, in fact.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
"... and I suggest you apologize"

Wait what? To whom? Come on, I understand if people get annoyed because I and others are being less than optimistic, but isn't this thread just going down the busters too fast?

I make a peace offer: I hereby proclaim my hope that the game turns out good, if not great. I won't further share what I believe it will turn out to be, in fact.

I think he was specifically referring to Phantom claiming the developers were colossal **** ups when Sierra seems to own the blame for HW2's shortcomings.  Out of curiosity I did a little research into the original Dust Wars concept for HW2 and it does seem rather intriguing.

I didn't claim the devs were colossal **** ups, although maybe I was too provocative with the language used. I appreciate that they were working under difficult conditions, but the fact remains that the game they produced was a very disappointing follow-up to homeworld, so I don't accept that they'll produce a worthy sequel this time (especially since they're working under highly unusual conditions again).

Offline Luis Dias

I knew what he was referring to. It just seems ridiculous to me to someone here demanding someone else to make an apology to a third party... that is nowhere near here.... for having a negative opinion on the prospects of a certain project.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I assumed he was merely joking, since it is ridiculous.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
The hell does this even mean? Homeworld 2 wasn't even that bad. It was no HW or HW:C but it was still worth picking up for 20 dollars, especially with all the mods that are lying around. And I have no reason to believe that these people will make the same mistakes that made HW2 not quite as good as it should've been.

Sorry man, I was a bit tired when I wrote that post. I had a point somewhere but it was lost in incoherency.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Any word on the other two coming to digital distribution? They were talking about it...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
That's something I was wondering about, too. I'm not really all that interested in Shipbreakers: I'm more interested in the HD remakes. There been any new information?

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
It's like how I know any Freespace game made by Volition would be crap

After seeing SR IV I'd be terrified combining the "Gloriously Stupidly Good" with Shivans.

As for Hardware, I was actually hoping for a Homeworld inspired setting and game that could stand on its own two feet, problem is that they fell short of the mark with a number of minor things (such as stupid funding plans). Truthfully, I want a fudging proper Homeworld game IN SPACE!
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Homeworld with cars = ground control.

I'm curious, but not enthralled, and I was playing homeworld off the bat since the demo that shipped with Half-Life.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png