Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265073 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
"Hostile fighters inbound! Get a transporter lo-- [chuckle] transporter lock... And while you're at it Scotty, please beam down my clothes. [pause] [chuckle] ok..." :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
"Hostile fighters inbound! Get a transporter lo-- [chuckle] transporter lock... And while you're at it Scotty, please beam down my clothes. [pause] [chuckle] ok..." :D

What can I say.  I recorded all of my lines in a marathon 8 hour session so this could get done.  I got a bit silly twords the end ;).
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What can I say. I recorded all of my lines in a marathon 8 hour session so this could get done. I got a bit silly twords the end ;).

It was really a fabulous impression. :) And you did some great voice work, to boot.  Mind if I keep you on the list for ST:R voice actors? ;)

I've played the campaign a bit, and I must say that I'm impressed with the voice work. I've seen commercial games with worse voiceovers so all of you who voice acted did great.

Also, I must say that I had some odd problems with the "Numbers of the Beast"-mission, I got the debriefing to show up for no reason at all (that is, I didn't jump out and the mission was not completed) which was somewhat annoying. I've also had some problems with missing textures, but that's most likely just either a FSO-problem or my computer acting up.
(\_/)
(Oo) This is Rabbit. Copy Rabbit into your signature and help Rabbit to World dominance.
(>< ) The Rabbit has done a lot for you lately. It is not your place to question the Rabbit

got a problem:
after saving the governor's shuttle and destroing the enemy ships the shuttle tries to dock the station but it rams all the time against the station as the docking bay is blocked (the other one isn't blocked but it won't go there) any solutions???

Offline ionia23

It was really a fabulous impression. :) And you did some great voice work, to boot.  Mind if I keep you on the list for ST:R voice actors? ;)

I'm pleased I managed to pull it off in a few places.  I mean, I got my lines on a friday and had all the files turned in the next day.  At least I"m reliable in that sense (though some lines didn't actually make it into the campaign, probably due to my voice not fitting the part or whatnot).

Yes, I'd be more than happy to contribute voice acting for you in that campaign.  I'm also working on a series of original music score to offer up to campaigners so if you want that I'll have  a few pieces in the next month or so.

Offline ionia23

Just a note to all who've been having some strange mission bugs such as:

Missing debriefings
Ships flying continuous loops without attacking
Never receiving authorization to warp out

Try switching between the most recent VR CVS build and the most recent SCP build 3.6.7, I think.  That has done the trick just fine for me.  I have 'heard' that some of the missions were compiled (?) in different versions of FRED, but I dunno.

This mostly seems to happen with the SOC loops....mostly.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
got a problem:
after saving the governor's shuttle and destroing the enemy ships the shuttle tries to dock the station but it rams all the time against the station as the docking bay is blocked (the other one isn't blocked but it won't go there) any solutions???

i got that problem, as well. i turned on time compression waiting for it to dock, but it got to 44% hull, so i used cheats to make everything around the ganymede invincible and then used ~+k to destroy the ganymede. that doesn't affect the game turnout, but it helped.

on that note, i think that the ganymede needs to be moved a bit, because it's blocking the hangar. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Boomer

Um... I'm having a bit of trouble.  On the second mission, where you have to hit the numbers to place the navbuoys, I hit 1 and nothing happens.  I had this same problem with the original derelict...I solved it by editing the sexp's but I really don't want to taint this...masterpiece... 

A little help plz?
Viva la UBERBOMB!

"I have no gods, only questions." -Me

A man once came to me and asked me to express a profound thought.  I told him.....<Static>...

Look on the bright side, it looks absolutely nothing like a penis.-Turambar

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
make sure you're within 75 meters of the generated bouys and make sure you don't have it mapped to something else? (and make sure it's not the keypad no. 1 :p) because i never had this problem.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Hi, I've just passed "The number of the beast" and the abrupt ending with no debriefing (defeat or success) is really annoying.

Has anyone discovered what causes this bug? I'm freding and coding illiterate, so I can't help at all.  :sigh:

I have to say I think this is the best FS2 Campaign (even better than main campaign or Inferno), with great and different missions and an immersive storyline. Please, make a nameplated version as soon as possible.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Which build were you using?

@LOA--Paul : Was it the same one build as ARSPR?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Which build were you using?

@LOA--Paul : Was it the same one build as ARSPR?

I'm using the last one, 2006-01-31. And I've just passed the 666 mission... (with no debriefing).
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Love the voice acting, makes the game different :D

By the way, I am on the mission where they lured the Auriga out, but some how whatever that is supposed to happen never triggered after the fighters from it was destroyed... In the end Auriga was destroyed yet nothing happened.. as if the trigger conditions were never met.

Offline ionia23

By the way, I am on the mission where they lured the Auriga out, but some how whatever that is supposed to happen never triggered after the fighters from it was destroyed... In the end Auriga was destroyed yet nothing happened.. as if the trigger conditions were never met.

More than likely a build issue.  This is a common side effect.  Try flip-flopping between the 3.6.7 executable and the lastest VR CVS build.  One of them should work.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
mhh i have played with the 24/01 or 23/01 builds and there work it.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
does anyone mind if i redo the voice acting with a deeper voice and better... VA'ing overall?

More than likely a build issue.  This is a common side effect.  Try flip-flopping between the 3.6.7 executable and the lastest VR CVS build.  One of them should work.

Hmm, I was using 3.6.7, but it could not load one of the earlier missions at all, so switched to 3.6.8.. Or do you mean just using the .exe?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
He means the exe. Swapping those should be pretty simple if you only use the 3.6.7 media VPs.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Just finished this campaign.
It was a blast.

My thanks and congratulations to all those involved.

:yes:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !