Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265085 times)

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
"Hallo.  Dees ees da GVR GonnaFakkYouUp.  Tyme for choo to playignk some Mario Tweens!  Tayke auf chor paynts!"
Why in the hell did I just read that with the voice of Coiffio from PHF? 

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WEll that is just fine but that still does not help me much...!

As I said I have downloaded openall and gober's latest CVS release but the game still wont work..! It shows me that error report that I posted earlier and also if I can get past that the game simply freezes when I try to load it I mean it shows me a loading screen with some mirmadons in it and it just freezes!

What can I do! I really want to play this campaign! So please help me out!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Do you have any other mods installed? What do you have in your data/tables folder? Are you using -mod folders, and if so what are you using?

I have a small problem. In the mission when I have to capture the aurora it only goes purple (neutral?)When the aurora is destroyed but the transport cant dock with nothing so I can’t seem to get past the mission. Anyone help please?

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
@ Nabobalis
Shouldn't the transport dock with the aurora, even if it's neutral?  If you're destroying it cause it's neutral, don't destroy it.  If your wingmates are attacking it, order them to ignore the target and let the transport dock with it.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actualy I have a couple of other mods installed! And the DATA folder in the tables folder I have nothing!
AS for the last question I have no ideea on how to answer! The problem is that the game actualy starts loading Derelict for about 1 or 2 seconds then it just freezes! That is if I can get past the errror screens ! It gives me a lot of errors regarding that sip mentioned in the previous report! So I still need help!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

@ Nabobalis
Shouldn't the transport dock with the aurora, even if it's neutral?  If you're destroying it cause it's neutral, don't destroy it.  If your wingmates are attacking it, order them to ignore the target and let the transport dock with it.

The aurora only goes neutral when its hull is 0, the transport only appears when it is neutral and since its not there it cant. I will replay the mission just in case. 

Edit: Its the Auriga i think, looked like aurora.
Edit2:It worked now
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:04:51 am by Nabobalis »

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
actualy I have a couple of other mods installed!

Then uninstall them, because they're obviously getting FS2 confused; that should solve the problem. You shouldn't mix different mods unless the instructions explicitly tell you to, because there's a good chance a conflict will arise and the game won't run properly.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. There is a good reason why I tell people to install the way I do in my FAQ. It prevents from having conflicts. IF you insist on simply sticking everything in your main FS2 folder you will have problems sooner or later unless you stick to one mod at a time.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Having your mods, well, Modular, makes a lot of sense.  For some campaigns you might have to mix them together.  For example, if I recall correctly, Shrouding The Light requires the FSPort because it uses a lot of FS1 ships that just won't work right in vanilla FS2. 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's when you use mod.ini files. That way you can mix mods together without mixing the contents of their folders together.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
use mod.ini files.
hibbitywhoo??  :eek:
That's in your FAQ Right? 
*reads to self-educate*

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I didn't cover them in huge detail in the FAQ but this should be enough to get started :)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I removed all of the campaigns from the fs directory but now it just gives me a whole lot of errors regarding the previosly posted DLL. I stil dont get it..! What is the problem...! I will try to remove the nebula effects that i have installed but this mod could sure use a patch or debugger or something like that!

I will try agin with diferent methods..to see the result! So far it helped me remove some of the problems but now I have new ones  soo il keep working on this! Thanx for the help so far!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Dan1

SPOILER**

I got a question regaurding the storyline.  What happened to the MT capship that evaded capture Aruiga or something like that?  I guess that the GTVI eventually took care of them.  Maybe it was a mission that was scrapped?
Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the new error report that i get!

Warning:Unable to load starfield bitmap: 'nebulB3-main'!

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs_open\code\Starfield\StarField.cpp
Line:2474
[The filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

level_page_in()      freespace_mission_load_stuff()          Game_post_level_init()                game_start_mission()   game_enter_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()   Winmain()
WinMainCRTStartup() kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

This the error that it showes me....what can I do?
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Have you got LS Nebulae installed? I think DL links were here but perhaps better download is this .exe file... but there has also been ls_neb.vp and ls_neb.exe files floating around here somewhere but the downloads i spotted were dead..

That exe download should contain nebulae from A to G + H
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well that did it thanx guis! Also wow great campaign so far...i have yet to finish it but till now everithing works fine! Thanx again!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WEll i'm at the mission where you have to protect...errr.....SPOILER WARNING!

As I was saing you have to protect the gouvernour. I manage to protect the gouvernour and he eventualy docks with the blatted ganimede or what ever that was but it still tels me I have failed the mission! Also I tried dying 5 times so that it would forward me to the next mission but it still doesnt forward me instead it gives me to play the same mission! What seems to be the problem what can I do to get past this mission!

Also great work so far! I loved the campaign so far! And is it just me or do ships look better?????
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline starfox

I have the problem with the same mission....
That dump shuttle simply stays there and does not dock with the ganymede.
On top of that, Qualmotep crashes into the Installation, with one science cruiser if I remember correctly.
Or maybe I did something wrong ?

Great work though, Can't wait till the things start to heat up....
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP