Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265344 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
Where did you notice that? Several campaigns make heavy use of that feature.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I think I first noted the feature in the mission "The Number of the Beast." Altair Station being so far off, I just decided to waste some time and fly in formation with my wing towards the hangar bay (after the carnage had stopped). Then, the mission suddenly ended suddenly ended successfully. Quite cool.

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It always did make far more sense to be able to fly right up to the fighterbay of the destroyer/installation you're stationed on than to jump away from it to some undefined location. :p

Offline Kie99

Is there any way I can get the Shivan Knossos to actually look Shivan?  At present its still got Ancient Maps on it, I think its because the maps included in the Derelict VP are PCX.

Anyone?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I have a retextured POF that uses SD Demon textures if you want THAT....
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Hi I was playing this campaign and couldn't deploy the nav buoys. Yes, I'm within 75m of it, yes I did not already deploy one there (It's the first one) and no, my keyboard is not stuck. I normally use the 1  key to set the throttle to zero, and no, this is not the number pad 1, it's the regular 1, just above the "Q" on a QWERTY keyboard. If it also helps, I'm using an HP laptop with a dual AMD 64 CPU, 4G RAM, and plenty of HD space.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Okay, so, the game is looking for you to press the key that performs the function that '1' NORMALLY performs. You need to find that key.

1 is normally some kind of chat function, yeah? What key do you have that function bound to now?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Anyone else get this issue with the game not being able to find 30 paths for the Auriga on the mission where you disable it?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Oh, brother. That might be something that's been tightened up in recent builds? I don't know.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Apparently not if I'm having the problem on the FINAL 3.6.10 build. :rolleyes:

Okay, so, the game is looking for you to press the key that performs the function that '1' NORMALLY performs. You need to find that key.

1 is normally some kind of chat function, yeah? What key do you have that function bound to now?

From this day on, I will be in love with you. It works! IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!

Offline tn22

I don't know what to think.  :doubt: Everywhere I read that this is best campaign by far, but my experience is completely different. As I made lot of things for Unreal tournaments series by myself I can only tell that I never seen such bugged project. Even when I did something for myself I try to make it playable. Lot of missions are not o.k. specially events, objectives and waypoints. You didn't destroyed this small Loki - forget that you will get some clue - you will normally finish mission and never receive departure message.  :hopping: So you will depart anyway - you mess mission.  :mad2: And never you will receive message why. No clues. I already played much worst campaigns then this one but rate them higher only just because playing this campaign is one big pain. As obviously lot of effort was put in this  :nod: maybe it was worth to go through and repair it. Playing 40  :eek: missions like this with half of them you must repeat minimum two times only because bugs (hard difficulty and no problem finishing them when knowing how) and never because own failure ... this is just not o.k.  :no: Still big thanks for making this as in many ways it was perfect.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm kind of curious as to what specific bugs you're referring to, besides what you actually discussed in there, since I can't remember much of anything going wrong on the several occasions that I've played through the SCP re-release.  There's one notorious show-stopper that manifested itself on certain builds, but I think you'd have mentioned that specifically if you'd seen it.  There certainly shouldn't be much, if any, in the way of "this just isn't working" moments. 

As far as departing before being specifically ordered to do so...you're kind of answering your own question there.  :p If Command hasn't yet told you to leave the area, there's probably something that still needs doing, and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what.  I don't remember specifically, but I'm fairly sure that most of the mission-critical goals in Derelict were listed as primary or secondary objectives, which you can view by hitting F4 in-mission, or at least as directives listed on the left-hand side of your HUD.  However, it's a good rule of thumb for campaigns in general to, when in doubt, just kill any enemies that are left before departing.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Only bug I've ran into so far was the one where the game crashed because of a path error on the mission you disable the Auriga.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Apparently the patch for the Derelict campaign that fixes the governor's shuttle colliding into the docking ring is gone...  If I look at the post where it should be, it tells me the attachment has been deleted by evil tolwyn.  If I click on the link in Jeff Vader's post, it just gives me a weird "you're a homo" 404 error.

BTW, is this the correct alignment for the docking ring and the Luxor? I can't remember since it's been quite a while since I first played through the Derelict campaign.

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
No, not at all.  The ring is supposed to go around the Typhon, as if it were in drydock.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
I thought so.  Does anyone still have that patch that I mentioned above?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:02:03 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

I thought so.  Does anyone still have that patch that I mentioned above?

Actually... I believe it's still there. When you click the link and get the "you're a homo" page, go to your browser's address bar and remove the filename. That'll take you to the underlying directory, from which you should click on the subdirectory called "stuf" and you'll find DerelictPatch.zip there.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Or you can use the FSO Installer, which installs it automatically.

Crashing on one of the bonus missions for SOC(can't tell it's name right now cause game instantly crashes w/o displaying the briefing) referring to the multiple "unable to load startfield bitmap <something> startfield.cpp" errors. SCP build 3.6.10. Attached DxDiag to this post if required :)

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]