Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 263727 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
:welcome:

Sorry to be posting so many years later, but the link for the fix that allows docking to Luxor station appears to be broken, and i really wanna finish this mod.. it was going so nice until this mission!
could someone please post another link to the fix?
I am using the Knossos release.

The version of Derelict on Knossos should include all patches, including the Luxor docking patch.  Are you actually experiencing this bug?  I loaded up the mission in FRED and it looks like it should work.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

After seeing how good a job the sound editor (João Guimarães) did for Inferno: Classic, I asked him to take a shot at Derelict.  And he came through with flying colors. :)

All of the voice files for Derelict have been reprocessed.  Volume has been equalized, noise has been removed, and generally the files have all been cleaned up.  It should sound much nicer now.

The new version of Derelict is version 4.0 on Knossos and the FSO Installer.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Awesome work, and totally unexpected! May I recommend uploading a short YouTube video, perhaps one featuring the most iconic chatter from the campaign (no spoilers should be involved), in order to show off these improvements?  :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Duct-tape-loop.mp4
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Sweet! So the kid sounds as loud (ish) as the others now? Noice  :yes:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Solatar

This sounds really good! I started replaying Derelict and was able to leave my sound settings the same as other campaigns. It looks like there are a couple of _old versions in the commandbriefings folder if anyone wants a quick side by side comparison.

EDIT: I dragged and dropped the voice files into my current Derelict installation (I don't use Knossos) and noticed the voice folders (briefing, etc.) were in data/* not data/voice/* in the download from Knossos - not sure if that affects things or not.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 06:14:12 pm by Solatar »

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
Voices don't seem to be working for me. Using 23.2 RC4. Here's the log:

https://fsnebula.org/log/64e29744a281b6f22bb2e1d2

EDIT: Solved by suggestion below.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 07:56:46 pm by Thisisaverylongusername »
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Gonna second both of the above - voices don't work in the Knossos download, moving the voice files to data/voice/ fixed it.

EDIT: Oh this is extra bizarre - I've played Derelict tons of times over the years, but I've never seen the long text interludes between missions (aside from briefings.) I love them, but I wonder why they hadn't ever showed up before.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 09:20:38 pm by Think0028 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Awesome work, and totally unexpected! May I recommend uploading a short YouTube video, perhaps one featuring the most iconic chatter from the campaign (no spoilers should be involved), in order to show off these improvements?  :yes:

Thanks!  I don't have time at the moment to record a video, but perhaps someone else would be willing to?

Gonna second both of the above - voices don't work in the Knossos download, moving the voice files to data/voice/ fixed it.

Whoops, yeah, I accidentally put the files in the wrong spot.  I've uploaded 4.0.1 to Knossos; it should be fixed now.  (FSO Installer will be updated in a day or so.)

EDIT: Oh this is extra bizarre - I've played Derelict tons of times over the years, but I've never seen the long text interludes between missions (aside from briefings.) I love them, but I wonder why they hadn't ever showed up before.

Those are from the original Derelict website on FreeSpace Watch.  I thought I'd integrate them into the campaign as fiction viewer entries because hardly anyone else these days knows about them.

Offline CT27

Thanks for your work Goober!

The characters are some of the best parts of Derelict so this is cool to see.

Alpha 2 (Mackie)-cynical/sarcastic/jaded veteran
Alpha 3-eager young rookie
Alpha 4-relatively by the book semi-veteran

I know Ransom and Cobra did Alpha 2 and 3 respectively but I forgot who did the main Alpha 4.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome!

According to the credits mission, Alpha 4 was voiced by Spaceman Spiff.

Offline Solatar

Been replaying Derelict and the remaster of the voices is great. I noticed on the mission The Number of the Beast (dl2-05), the line where the Escher says "We told you, you didn't listen" (dl16_esh10.ogg) seems off. It just says "we told you" (in a really synth-sounding voice) and then cuts off the rest of the line. Didn't stop me from enjoying the mission, but thought I'd drop it by somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 08:55:41 am by Solatar »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, that's weird... that line doesn't actually exist.  I checked both the current version and the old Derelict SCP version... that voice file is not included.  The game filled in the missing file with synthesized speech.

I wonder if it would be possible to recreate that line using AI.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wait, I found the file; it was miscategorized.  I'll get it processed and then upload a new version.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Nice!  :) :yes:

Just played through Derelict again over the past days. Thanks for giving those sound files a polish. The Tom Faulkner ones sounded really bad.  :lol:

I just notized that in Sheridan's Gambit, two of the Elysiums carrying the beam guns are thrown around during the first salvo. This results in breaking the mission as the final salvo does not kill the Azathoth. I remedied this in my facelift of the campaign back in 2013 (?), though my edit seems not to have made it. My coloured nameplates did, however. :P

And weren't the Vasudan capships destroyed by the Nyarla's blast in the final mission? They did not when I just finished it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'll take a look at Sheridan's Gambit.  I'm not sure what you mean about the Vasudan capships though.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
I seemed to remember that the Khefrem and the Estennu always went boom together with the Nyarlathotep (via self-destruct). I could be wrong, though.

By the way, the new fiction viewer material: Is that new content added or was that ununused old stuff from back in the day?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Khefrem and Estennu are not scripted to self-destruct, even in the old version of the mission.

The fiction viewer entries are things that were available on the original Derelict website on FreeSpace Watch back in the day.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I just notized that in Sheridan's Gambit, two of the Elysiums carrying the beam guns are thrown around during the first salvo. This results in breaking the mission as the final salvo does not kill the Azathoth. I remedied this in my facelift of the campaign back in 2013 (?), though my edit seems not to have made it. My coloured nameplates did, however. :P

Ok, I checked this out and polished up the Gorgon firing sequences a bit.  They should play better now, and the collar transports are no longer kicked out of position.  The new version is 4.0.5.

Offline CT27

Usual update question from me  :):  What was in 4.0.6?