Author Topic: Baldur's Gate II  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Ok then, I'm starting Baldur's Gate II: The Shadows of Amn and I'm wondering if I should repeat the advice Ace gave me for Planescape: Torment, in that do I need to be a mage again and have high INT, CHA, and WIS in order to get the most out of the story?
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
i always did best as a warrior/ranger class sometimes dueled with rogue
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Download tweaks and mods. Some mods enhance the story. You got the Consequnce mod where leaving important quest on hold has consequnces (consequences come in phases. Leave Nalias keep unattended for some time and more enemeis show up. Wait more and the outer encampment falls. Wait even more and Nalia dies..or something like that.)

Or you can do what I did and fiddle with some stuff. I actually edited all armor to have different damage reduction instead of AC (tanks and dex-based fighters now really are different.).
I also edited the elves in Sudenlessanar (gave them their own elven items) and added some items + did some tweaks here and there (Hendak and Leithaein). I really enjoyed that playtrough.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
I just need to know if I have to have those three stats high to get the full story like I did in PS: T.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't think so, but try to keep them up reasonably high, I guess? I'm not sure.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
just play the game, ignore anybody who demands mods or anything.

Choose a class of your preference and enjoy one of the best.  ALL HAIL BG2!!!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
just play the game, ignore anybody who demands mods or anything.

Eh? BG2 is sheer awesome, but mods can add a little bit more. There are some things the dev didn't have time to put or couldn't because of restrictions.

If you want, I can give you the HolyAvengerKit (custom made paladin kit) installer.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2c937bcb38ef65c1d2db6fb9a8902bda

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
of course, but for starters, let everybody experience the game as it comes retail.
Vidmaster's principle, you know...   ;7
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I just need to know if I have to have those three stats high to get the full story like I did in PS: T.
No. You do get more dialogue options if they're high, but low scores won't eat into the story like they do in Torment.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
of course, but for starters, let everybody experience the game as it comes retail.
Vidmaster's principle, you know...   ;7

Well, what I linked is just a kit. Similar to the Cavalier, Inquisitor and Undead Hunter kits that are already part of the game. It's also farely balanced (more offense in exchange for less healing and less defense)

As for as the stats go - better stats can help you in a few places, but you can pretty much pass everything without them. However, in order to see everything, you'd need to play the game 10 times with different PC classes. Each class has it's own sub-quests and strongold.
I reccomend a paladin or a fighter, since their strongholds and quests are kickass. You can even cheat and enable the Keep trongold for the paladin. All it takes is to edit one conversation check :P
Not sure if it's as easy to enable the other way around.

Offline Kszyhu

There is a mod removing class restrictions for strongholds. As far as I know it was a part of Unfinished Business modpack.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
No. You do get more dialogue options if they're high, but low scores won't eat into the story like they do in Torment.
Well I went mage regardless, since they usually stay compelling for the longest, but now I don't have to waste points on wisdom now. Thanks!
-John Maynard Keynes