Author Topic: [Solved] Just to make sure I didn't miss something...  (Read 1471 times)

[Solved] Just to make sure I didn't miss something...
I downloaded and installed FSO, and I do believe I followed all the instructions correctly, but there's one little thing: my HUD is constantly giving me feedback on my FPS and what I assume is memory use, even when I have these features turned off in the launcher.  It stuck on through multiple reboots and several missions, and I couldn't find any other posted topics referring to this.  I've attached two screenshots, one showing the HUD with these features enabled (FreeSpace2\fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe -mod mediavps_3612 -fps -pos -stats -show_mem_usage) and one without (FreeSpace2\fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe -mod mediavps_3612), to illustrate.  I apologize if this has been brought up before or if I've simply missed something obvious, but is there any way to disable these?  I find the distraction is rather immersion-breaking.  Any help would be much appreciated.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:14:12 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Just to make sure I didn't miss something...
You're running a debug build (ends in -d or -debug) rather than a release build (-r or -release). Switch over and they'll go away.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

EDIT: Nevermind. FPS and the VRAM/etc will show up in Debug builds (missed seeing the 'd' there)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:47:43 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Disable all options in the launcher and launch to make it "stick". Then exit and go to "data\fso_cmdline.cfg" and see if it is in fact actually empty as it should be. If you see anything in it, then empty it and save it, then launcher and make settings, you should then no longer see.

Alternatively, you can just set up and look in the .cfg and see if -fps and -show_mem_usage are duplicated/in there anyway.

Also, which Launcher, the 5.5g or wxLauncher?

I don't understand why this is necessary. I'm not being skeptical, I may well be missing something, but shouldn't switching to release fix all these problems without the need to do any of the stuff in your post?

You're running a debug build (ends in -d or -debug) rather than a release build (-r or -release). Switch over and they'll go away.

And that fixed it right up.  Thank you.

Stormbreaker,
Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha: