Author Topic: Lets Play MWLL - Die freebirth scum!  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Mikes

Re: Lets Play: MWLL - Die freebirth scum!
Very intriguing... I may wrestle with renaming my profile, when there s a gap in my work schedule.

Would give everyone I may have annoyed on HLP in the past a chance at returning some friendly fire haha :)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i think you can just edit one of the xml files, profile.xml, you can change your name without swapping all your mappings, weapon groupings, etc.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I'm in now.

=CHL= MR T3D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I am preeeetty bad at aerospace

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
So, I started yesterday. Quite enjoyed it so far, although with current balancing the only viable tactics tend to be long-range camping. VTOLs and Aerospace could probably be pretty deadly too if default controls didn't suck ass and if their Actionmap thingy could actually remap keys and axises at all, like it's supposed to be designed for.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Thanks to Nuke's donation I got a sweet fighter and had a badass aerospace game strafing everything to death. that was pretty ****ing cool

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i got on today, saw battuta. but i got to stop for the duration of the grilling weather. might be on again in a couple hours if i dont go back to my electronics project.

my issue with aerospace is the wonky physics. coming from a flight sim background, i expect low turn rates at high speed, and high turn rates near stall speed. but it seems like its backwards. you shouldn't be able to do a snap turn at full throttle, but you can, and i dont expect to loose control at safe landing speed. i die every other landing attempt, your better off ejecting over a base, grabbing a manpack ppc, and shoot things till you die. that way you can actually build income as opposed to having massive demotions from suicides.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:23:17 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nah you get used to it. I got to go on some pretty tight ASF runs, landing and rearming/repairing. Dive bombing seems to be the only way to play it in the lighter fighters, but once you get a Gauss Shiva you can make strafing runs.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
granted its better physics than you see in a lot of fps games' aircraft.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
OKAY ASSBUTTS

Tonight at 5:00 EST The_E and I will be stomping around/exploding. Please join us, we'll use Skype for more efficient WHERE ARE YOU i'm in e5 WHAT'S HAPPENING i died a fafnir OKAY I'M COMING no a fafnir WHAT a fafnir ****

Assemble on IRC

e: Really I cannot stress how much fun this game is when things are going well for you. It's probably the best MechWarrior game, and it's also one of the best Battlefield games ever made! The key to getting into the assault class by the end of the match is DO NOT DIE. Play conservatively, don't overextend, stick with your lancemates/keep altitude if you're in an ASF. Dying really ****s you over in terms of point earnings.

e2: atms are the ****
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:34:03 am by General Battuta »

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I should be able to drop in around 7:30 EST tonight and throw some gauss around.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
unless i did my maths wrong that translates to 2pm, so il be there. if we get the entire roster we may need to find a server that isnt quite full. huntress has the best map rotation, but they have been having issues with the server lately, and its always fullish when its up. we may need to load up on one of the other servers.

i need to work on my survivability. i started ejecting when my ct or head are in the red. yesterday i got 2 kills right off in a ****ty recon mech (3 if you count the short range ppc blast that also killed me, but took out the other quy as well due to heating) wait that was a different mech, meh. it was the ****. my fighting style employs a fair amount of reckless abandon, it gets me kills, after all i didnt strap into a mech to hide behind hills all day. but its something i need to work on. also never underestimate the income from sitting in a c3 mech for a few minutes, especially early on, it pays off to avoid the enemy in this case.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:25:05 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Take some screens of your badass selves so we may drool over them.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Of all the times for the server to take a total ****. 20 minutes downloading this map :negative:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i must complement your flying skills, you seem to have it down pretty good. many a time i saw you swoop down in a shiva followed by a 'battuta killed noob name here' message :D

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
This isn't a LP at all!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

You're right.  Nuke, remove the colon from the title and everything will be fine.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Lets Play MWLL - Die freebirth scum!
colon removed, replaced with ppc, you may now fart glowy blue hot stuff.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
i must complement your flying skills, you seem to have it down pretty good. many a time i saw you swoop down in a shiva followed by a 'battuta killed noob name here' message :D

I did okay points wise (top 3 I think) but slammed into the ground an embarrassing number of times, all of which counted as suicides. I've got to second some of your frustration with landing - now that I've got the actual process of landing pretty well okay, it turns out that taxiing is incredibly lethal. I kept hitting rocks on the runway (and exploding) or brushing a wing on the hangar wall (and exploding). It seems like none of the ASFs have any kind of ground reverse, so you can't back into a hangar to repair, and can't turn around if you go in nose first without tipping a wing (and exploding).

There are also rocks on the runway on one of the maps, which just strikes me as incredibly mean.  :(

Hahaha it was awesome, there was someone flipping out on one of the servers (yesterday, I think): "There's this guy called nuke and every time his mech explodes it just goes completely nuclear!"

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: Lets Play MWLL - Die freebirth scum!
If you folks are running voice comms, may I suggest Mumble as an alternative to Skype?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]