Author Topic: A Simple Texturing Tutorial (Warning to dialup users!) Updated with more goodies  (Read 88685 times)

Re: A Simple Texturing Tutorial (Warning to dialup users!) Updated with more goodies
I assume you uv mapped the model already?
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Re: A Simple Texturing Tutorial (Warning to dialup users!) Updated with more goodies
The model included a UV map, however it doesn't appear to fit with anything provided.
On that thought, going to ask another resource about how it's been setup, I'll perhaps be back with a different question.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Scoob, you did a tutorial on glowmaps on page one but how do you make animated glow maps?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Depends which softw3are you use, you can either render animated textures from the something liuke max. (bake) or output a single glowmap and use Animation shop or imageready (dunno about gimp  :nervous:) to apply effects to it.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Actually I'm looking for a way to rebake the animation.  The pulsing green viens was applied to a square planar and rendered as avi.  But I have to bake that animation glowmap and a different glow on top of it.  I'm thinking the only way right now is to bake frame by frame.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
frame by frame bakes are a default if you want something a bit more useable in-game... i'll throw up something soon when i rebuild my main rig.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
yeah, select tga or jpg instead of avi as an output. Then use Infrview (sp?) to apply batchj colour correction / conversion to dds then use an .eff file to make it work.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Found it, it's rather stupid though. They go into the default 3dmax\sceneassets\images folder and named after the object, not the filename you wanted.

I should really update this with my newer texturing style.

Offline Kusanagi

• A man, a van, a plan, Vanama!
  • Enemy vessel captured
Yes you should. :P
Cum historia
mutat valde Razgriz
revelat ipsum
primum daemon scelestus est.

Thank you so much! I've been pondering time and time again how these things are done (again, I'm fresh out of the boat when it comes to well, everything. Modeling. Texturing. Etc) and now I finally have a point in the right direction ;)

Honest answer here, how hard do you reckon it would be for someone who has had say about, 2-3 months experience in modeling and maybe 6 in photoshop to do this? :P

Offline rhettro

I should really update this with my newer texturing style.

It's been a year so yeah. :)