Author Topic: Tutorial: How to bypass FS's capship damage scaling  (Read 9200 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: Tutorial: How to bypass FS's capship damage scaling
I distinctly remember a flight of Durgas instagibbing a poor Atalanta through massive Reedeemah salvoes.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
That's funny, because lately I've encountered bizzare behavior that contradicts the AI supposedly shooting at stuff with weapons that have the 'Huge' flag. Recently, I've found that the AI will completely refuse to fire Terran Huge Turrets that I've given the 'Huge' flag at anything that isn't a destroyer or a corvette. So far I've seen this on all builds I have. I'm going to use a debug build and experiment with it further.

Also, the damage scaling isn't a bug? Hmm, that's interesting, but I've definitely encountered with fighters on older builds, like 3.6.12. I don't seem to be getting it on the BP builds or 3.6.18, but I'm not so sure.

This is really funny. After I mess around in the debug builds and make sure I record everything I run into, I'm going to share it so you guys can see what happened/happens. It seems that some people are running into scenarios where flags don't work properly.

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
That's funny, because lately I've encountered bizzare behavior that contradicts the AI supposedly shooting at stuff with weapons that have the 'Huge' flag. Recently, I've found that the AI will completely refuse to fire Terran Huge Turrets that I've given the 'Huge' flag at anything that isn't a destroyer or a corvette. So far I've seen this on all builds I have. I'm going to use a debug build and experiment with it further.

Also, the damage scaling isn't a bug? Hmm, that's interesting, but I've definitely encountered with fighters on older builds, like 3.6.12. I don't seem to be getting it on the BP builds or 3.6.18, but I'm not so sure.

This is really funny. After I mess around in the debug builds and make sure I record everything I run into, I'm going to share it so you guys can see what happened/happens. It seems that some people are running into scenarios where flags don't work properly.

In my experience the "huge" flag definitely stops capships from firing "huge" weapons at fighters. It seems like the rules are different for fighters, however.
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Hmm, a shot in the dark, but could the AI be linking its primaries? Meaning that it attempts to shoot down a fighter with, say a Rapier, it simply happens to be shooting it's anti-capital ship gun of doom at the same time?