Author Topic: Dimensional Eclipse is on TVTropes.  (Read 7489 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Dimensional Eclipse is on TVTropes.
I was bored one day, so I decided to make this page. Feel free to add on examples and clean up my sloppiness as you like.

Oh and yeah, use that Wiki Mana to make some Wiki Magic. It gets kinda bad if you don't.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Re: Dimensional Eclipse is on TVTropes.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...

wait, what's loliquest got to do with anything?
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I was just about to play DE, I've been excited about it for a while. Looks like maybe I shouldn't be?

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
wait, what's loliquest got to do with anything?

Loliquest is more or less a working title of the mod that was used until literally two hours before release. If you look in the tables and missions you'll see the mod is usually referenced as Loliquest or FSLOLIQUEST.

I for one have yet to get unused to calling it that. :p

I was just about to play DE, I've been excited about it for a while. Looks like maybe I shouldn't be?

Eh?
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

That's...not a terrible assessment, honestly. Or at the least bail after Chapter 2.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This looks like it's just about pedo **** and 'lolis'? I was excited to play something badass by Droid, who is a really cool modder, but it looks like this may not be it.

I put off playing the campaign at release because it sounded like it was just a joke campaign. Looks like it might be a good idea to cancel that playthrough permanently if this isn't Droid's work. It's a shame, I was looking forward to recommending it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:32:26 am by General Battuta »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
if this isn't Droid's work

...you haven't paid attention to his posted desktops in GenDisc, have you?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
...there is none of that in this, seriously.
It's just AndrewofDoom being dumb. It was an arbitrary working title which I had every intention of changing that held little to no relevance, but Andrew wanted it to stick.

There is a joke chapter but you need to *try* to get it. It's not particularly funny but there were one or two interesting missions in there so I felt I shouldn't throw it out.

I do not endorse this tvtropes page or anything written on it. Andrew never asked me about anything, this is his own deluded opinion and his misconception of what this mod is trying to be. Which is almost completely wrong by the way.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:40:22 am by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Okay, cool. I'll clean up the TVTropes page.

Offline Droid803

Welp, now I know how Spoon feels like...kind of.
(´・ω・`)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Done, fixed up some of the broken English too.

Offline Droid803

Okay, that looks more reasonable now. Thanks...

If you look in the tables and missions you'll see the mod is usually referenced as Loliquest or FSLOLIQUEST.

Actually it's mostly "fsquest" and/or it's abbreviation "fsq". Because that was what it was at the very beginning. Most instances of "loliquest" are on design docs which were never intended to be publicized.
Get your eyes checked, bro.
(´・ω・`)

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
TVTropes is an abomination, infested by the worst kind of fat nerd, who attempt to break down people into psychological legos and attempt to write stories using the aforementioned psychological legos. Because of how things are treated over there, creativity is curbed by a refusal to innovate - instead, the fattynerds go "lol i maek a storiee frum legos!!!1111 huehueheu!!!" Did I also mention that the names of their "Tropes", most of the time, sound absolutely stupid, or are just downright horrible? Big-Lipped Alligator Moment is one of them. By Khorne, what is wrong with these people?!

The ultimate result of this train of thought is the extinction of creativity and the extinction of innovation. TVTropes truly disturbs me, and I want to see nothing other than it's complete and utter annihilation.

But it is not simply that. TVTrope's forums are the most sickening, disgusting cesspool of human detritus I have ever had the misfortune of baring witness too. It is only on TVTropes that a pedophile can screech something along the lines of "Help! Help! I'm being oppressed for my pedophilia, which is totally a legitimate thing!"  and not be banned. In fact, many of these people are "respected veterans", some of them even moderators! Worse, people are pointed at TVTropes as some kind of resource for writing, when it is far from that. On top of this, Fast Eddie bans anyone and anything that so much clicks as being "Something Awful" or "Goons" in a heartbeat. That man needs to relax his paranoia.

I leave it to you to look at this monstrosity  for yourself. Look at the This Troper series from Something Awful, and the forums themselves. Make sure to look at the other comment pages for them as well. The average "Troper" is most often either a pedophile, a racist, a zoophile, or some disgusting combination of all three. Some decent people live among them, but they are blind to the state of their own "community".

TVTropes is a dagger aimed at the heart of human creativity and invention. Woe be upon Fast Eddie and his pathetic minions who think to call themselves decent human beings, when they are anything but. I thus conclude this message, and I shall never apologize for hating them for what they are and what they do. The truth must be heard.

TVTropes should be no more than a distant memory in the collective minds of those with a internet connection.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It is true, TVTropes is terrible. But hey.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Hey guys, look ! We've got a mindless hater in the thread !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, he's right.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Really? I was going to post some more stuff, Matt, but hey....

But I'll judge your arguments by their merits.

I don't think I can trust you to do the same, though. While I admit that sometimes my arguments are often flawed, sometimes due to headaches, sometimes due to tiredness, and sometimes because I could not express my point in the fashion I meant to express it. I do not think that the other people in the thread are "mindless haters". I look at the argument they have presented, poke for fallacies, and then check evidence or their sources. I have not given evidence sometimes, and sometimes my arguments have really had no basis. I admit to that.

But you? I see nothing but a cranky man throwing insults every time someone says something he doesn't like. :nono:

So cut it with the passive-aggressive crap, ok? If you want to throw insults, at least have the maturity to do it via PM.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
TVTropes can be entertaining to read, but it can also be mind-splittingly ****ed up and the community is indeed a cesspool.

Need anything more be said on this topic?

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
No. I do not think it is necessary.

Needless to say however, I am simply tired of seeing TVTropes being treated as a "source" or "writer's resource".

I have seen it happen so often that really, nowadays I simply refuse to hold back my disgust for it. I can only hope that people realize it for what it is and stop sending fledgling new writers to it. It's like a creativity trap.

But I think that is enough for now.

I enjoyed reading TVTropes a lot several years ago, did it really devolve since then? I haven't kept a lot of track on it, only occasionally looked for a page, heck i linked one page a day or two ago on the IRC. I certainly understand why a writer would have TVTropes though for seeing his story and characters being dissected into a few keywords instead of what the writer intended them to be - three dimensional personalities. I suppose TVTropes' own main page says it best though; "TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life".

Creativity and originality grows best when being and working as an individual, from my own experience, that's why when you have a group of people working together while respecting and encouraging their individuality much more can be achieved than just a collective where it all gets decided from the top.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell