Author Topic: Dimensional Eclipse is on TVTropes.  (Read 7470 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Dimensional Eclipse is on TVTropes.
I don't find TVTropes useful in the slightest as all the trope names are largely non-intuitive nor self-explanitory, based on obscure examples, and pretty much worthless for trying to explain to someone who doesn't know it. Pretty much all jargon.

At least IMO. Maybe I'm just very poorly versed in popular culture but I have no clue where 90% of the tropes even get their names...

I mean sure if you want to kill time...but usually time wants to kill me.

I have no opinion on the community as I don't know a damn thing about it, but from what's being said that sounds like a good thing.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I avoid the forums section of TVTropes for that very reason. I've seen the horrors that such a place has. Outside of that, it's only good for a once in a while exposure since it occasionally (I stress the occasionally) can give you an idea to overcome a writer's block. Don't expose yourself too much to it as it does ruin your life. At least your creative life anyway. I sure hope it doesn't ruin your real life.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The average "Troper" is most often either a pedophile, a racist, a zoophile, or some disgusting combination of all three.

The **** is this? I mean yes, the community is **** (I should know, I'm involved), but that's got a lot to do with the fact the moderation is composed of idiots who resist moderating and Fast Eddie doesn't get involved except when it's dumb to do so. This is just bull**** wankery right here.

Yes, it's a ****ty resource when it comes to writing (and if you ask in the writing area on TVTropes they'll tell you that, but Fast Eddie's too attached to his ideas), but it's a very good one when it comes to talking about stories by providing a shorthand description that hasn't existed before.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:49:56 pm by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I don't find TVTropes useful in the slightest as all the trope names are largely non-intuitive nor self-explanitory, based on obscure examples, and pretty much worthless for trying to explain to someone who doesn't know it. Pretty much all jargon.
It's been changing recently, though some names lost much of their wittyness in the process.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Okay, that looks more reasonable now. Thanks...

If you look in the tables and missions you'll see the mod is usually referenced as Loliquest or FSLOLIQUEST.

Actually it's mostly "fsquest" and/or it's abbreviation "fsq". Because that was what it was at the very beginning. Most instances of "loliquest" are on design docs which were never intended to be publicized.
Get your eyes checked, bro.
:doubt: and yet it's mentioned on your youtube videos.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Mine, or AndrewofDoom's? I simply stated "Known in some circles", not implying that they are in any shape or form accurate or correct in doing so. Which is a factual statement.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================