Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265492 times)

Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
Honest to god, someone should write a walkthrough for these missions.  Some of them are so damned complicated.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in "A Paper Wall" the Meson bug goes off without a shockwave.  Like, wasn't there supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom?  More like a pfffttt.....

Can you get close enough to hear a Meson's explosion without dying? Frankly, I like quite a bit of distance between myself and exploding Mesons.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Honest to god, someone should write a walkthrough for these missions.  Some of them are so damned complicated.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in "A Paper Wall" the Meson bug goes off without a shockwave.  Like, wasn't there supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom?  More like a pfffttt.....

Can you get close enough to hear a Meson's explosion without dying? Frankly, I like quite a bit of distance between myself and exploding Mesons.

There's supposed to be the typical Meson Bomb shockwave.  I don't see it happening.  There are two cruisers and a whole bunch of bombers in the immediate vicinity, I would have imagined that they would have been destroyed but they were not.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
As has been mentioned before, and as noted on the file description:

The DerelictSCP VP file under "BlaiseRussel's files" is bugged. Do not use this version. Use the older version under "BlaiseRussel's files on FileFront" and download the patch VP file.

Yikes. Musta missed that.  Re-uploading the old file to the mirror now.

Sorry, siliary of me.

I now gotten one of the latest CVS build and now that mission is fine.

Sorry.

Now a hitch...

Cannot remember what was that mission called, but it is when that gigantic gun makes it's debut. I noticed a white square on the map, with everything lagging like hell.

I will probably just tone down the graphics for less lagging hell, but, which file am I missing?

By the way, I got lightspeed's nebulaes.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 07:55:55 am by Vagabond »
'Alea iacta est'
'The die is cast'
-Gaius Julius Caesar

Just a theory, and I don't know if it has any credibility, but i had something of the same problem when I switched VP files on a mission I built. All my backgrounds disappeared.  :D

Turned out I had a different stars.tbl and none of the original planets were included in it. So I just redid the backgrounds and it looks better now anyway.

What I'm saying is that the designers of Derelict maybe didn't use Lightspeed's nebulas. Scratch that I know they didn't, because then how can a normal person play their campaign? I think I just disproved my own theory. :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline gaberad

wait a sec, which files should I be downloading? Is it just all the files (5 rar files) under "BlaiseRussel's Files on FileFront" and the DerelictSCPPatch.rar under "BlaiseRussel's Files"?

If so, what is the 70meg DerelictSCP1.rar for?

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Yes, grab the five 'on FileFront' files and the patch. The newer SCP1.rar contains some missing voice files but these are included in the patch, so don't bother downloading it.

Offline neoterran

Kick Ass Campaign Blaise... I'm playing it for the first time with all the effects thanks to SCP and voice, so I'm immensely enjoying myself.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Indeed it is a most excellent reendition. Only problem I've seen is that in "The Wrong Door", several voicefiles for the lines seem to have mysteriously vanished. Still, one problem out of a campaign that huge is an incredbile track record.

Firstly, i think this is a great campaign.
I experienced an error whenever in SOC loop. When loading ?third? mission in each of the soc loops there is an error "missing multi text". I had to start campaign all over again. Using 3.6.7 w/1,2 patch adveffects, opengl.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That... should have been fixed. What build are you using? CVS? or 3.6.7 official?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
It's not hard. It's time consuming but it's not hard.

All you have to do is open both the Retail and SCP versions of the missions, scroll down to the messages section and copy the filenames from one to the other.

errrr... (i know that was a bit old... but wth...) then you say i just open both versions and change the filenames? and open is as in... if i put it into a wordpad or something like that, and then start swaping the names?

and another thing...  do i need to change files to .wav from .ogg ?? or it works anyway?? *a bit confused*
i know, im a noob  :(

edit: i can't run scp, slow machine and i don't have any money to upgrade it, so that's not an option
Signed, me

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You would need to convert the files but a batch converting audio program should do that for you. As long as none of the dialogue has changed you should then be able to add the newly created wavs to the original version.

You can either use notepad or FRED depending on which you find easier (Notepad most likely). All you would do is scroll down to the section of the mission with the briefings, debriefings and messages and cut and paste filenames from the SCP mission to the Retail one.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
roger!

thanks, lots of kudos for you... now i'll get to work on that...

edit: Mah forget it, i only got frustrated.... the stupid programs i found to convert it only did it partially... and the filesize of the wav it's just huge (forgot about that)

the retail fs just can't run the ogg files, isn't?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 02:33:55 pm by Mura »
Signed, me

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
BTW Which campaing was made first? Homesick or Derelict?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 02:45:38 am by Qwer »
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Fergus

The origional Derelict (non-SCP version) before Homesick, but Blaise's update was made after Homesick's release
Generic signature quote blabber

Hi there

Warning: newbie question!

I get the following error on mission load:

Error: Invalid subsystem name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( is-disabled-delay 0 "PVD Hammer" )
   ( set-subsystem-strength
      "PVD Hammer"
      "turret01"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: turret01)

File: /Users/taylor/src/cvs/fs2_open.pre/projects/Xcode/../../code/mission/missionparse.cpp
Line 5318

Tried FS2_Open 3.6.7 and FS2_Open-20060326 (3.6.8) with same result.

As I guess, some of my ship model files are wrong/outdated.
Can anyone help me to find the victim?

Thanks!!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
did you download mv_models?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I'm on the Second SOC Loop, in the mission where you have to capture the Auriga.  The bombers are DESTROYING the ship, not disabling it.  Is this supposed to happen?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hi there

Warning: newbie question!

I get the following error on mission load:

Error: Invalid subsystem name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( is-disabled-delay 0 "PVD Hammer" )
   ( set-subsystem-strength
      "PVD Hammer"
      "turret01"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: turret01)

File: /Users/taylor/src/cvs/fs2_open.pre/projects/Xcode/../../code/mission/missionparse.cpp
Line 5318

Tried FS2_Open 3.6.7 and FS2_Open-20060326 (3.6.8) with same result.

As I guess, some of my ship model files are wrong/outdated.
Can anyone help me to find the victim?

Thanks!!

The game is failing to find an entry for the Typhon or Hatshepsut (whichever one the Hammer is meant to be) and is replacing the ship with a Ulysses. Only problem is that the Ulysses has no turrets so you get this error message.

The problem is no doubt caused by a rogue .vp or .tbl file. Solving the problem is not particularly hard but may require a few steps depending on how much of a mess your Freespace2 folder is in.

Do a search of your entire Freespace2 folder. Report back the names of any .vp or .tbl files which are not visible in this picture along with the path to them (i.e \freespace2\Derelict\SomeVP.vp).

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]