Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 263747 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
It's quite possible that this is a manifestation of the same bug.

EDIT : Then again, maybe not. I took a look at the mission in FRED and it's a mess. The ships in Kidd wing have been ordered to attack the individual ships in the Ore Carriers wing (you can see that in notepad). When you open up their orders in FRED however it's completely empty. They've just got attack < blank > 89. No wonder the poor bastards are flying around in circles ignoring everything else. They can't find their target.

I think the problem stems from having the ore carriers in a wing in the first place. When I edited Kidd wing and removed their orders to attack the ore carriers they behaved more sensibly and attacked me as soon as I flew into range. The mission did give me a whole host of other errors related to the ore carriers though.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 12:07:55 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
StratComm fixed that. somehow the ships from Ore Carrier were deleted.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Fred doesn't like the initial docking in a wing aspect of it, but I suspect that's about as wrong in FRED as it is in FS2 right now.  I don't think that "Ore Carrier" needs to exist as a wing, and removing the wing reference didn't seem to alter the mission at all, so that's probably a workable solution in the short term.  Cobra has that fixed though, and that bug is in Mantis so it gets fixed for everyone eventually.  The problem he's experiencing isn't that.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
I pulled down the most recent Voice Recognition build of SCP and plugged it in.  Totally fixed everything.  As mentioned, for whatever reason, if you're using the standard 3.6.7 SCP build you can really only make it as far as "bond of trust" before stuff starts falling apart.  I appreciate the suggestion.

I am thinking it's about time for a sticky on some of these issues.  Moderators?  What do you think?
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It doesn't need a sticky so much as editing the first post. If anyone knows the best answers to the various problems type them up here and I'll add them.

I skipped two days of college for this, incredible how sucked into the story I was! Great job on the voice acting, it really made the atmosphere complete :yes: Could someone please track down Kellan and Agatheron, strap them in a chair behind a computer and force them to make a sequel cause there are still some unfinished bussiness left.

And while your at it Scotty, please beam down my clothes! :D
Don't sit on the grass, just smoke it

Offline ionia23

And while your at it Scotty, please beam down my clothes! :D

I'm amazed how many people have found that ;)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
who did that one, anyway? that was hilarious! :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The initial docking bug has been fixed.

Let me know if Kidd wing still runs around in circles because that may be related to a different bug.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Thanks Goober. I'll test it in a bit. I've decided to give Derelict another chance :)

EDIT : Tried it. Seems to work fine now. Kidd wing came chasing after me and blew up one of the Ore Carriers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 12:55:07 pm by karajorma »

Ok guys, bear with me here.  I've been out of the FS2 loop for some years and I'm completely lost with what to do here.  Can anyone tell me in laymens terms, what SCP version and whatnot I need to download to make this thing work properly?
Once known as Grand_Admiral_Abaht

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
As stated before, if you use the Voice-Recgonition build, or anything newer, you should be fine.  Check the builds forum for the right version.    Then you'll need the new campaign and voice packs available from Blaise's source or my source.  Point your launcher to the mod, and launch.  Make sure to select the campaign on the campaign screen once you're in, and you should be working good.

Hey guys, I'm at Number of the Beast.  Cannot progress.  Whenever I eliminate the remaining bombers, it cuts out directly to a debriefing screen, but says "No debriefing for FILENAME(I forget what it was exactly sorry)"

What do I do?  Also, if I try to skip the mission by dying 5 times, it won't let me, when I click advance to next mission it just replays the same one again.

Thanks for any help.
how do i shot gun???

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Ouch. That's a definate bug in the campaign. I'll take a look at it.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Hey guys, I'm at Number of the Beast.  Cannot progress.  Whenever I eliminate the remaining bombers, it cuts out directly to a debriefing screen, but says "No debriefing for FILENAME(I forget what it was exactly sorry)"

What do I do?  Also, if I try to skip the mission by dying 5 times, it won't let me, when I click advance to next mission it just replays the same one again.

Thanks for any help.

Definitely shouldn't be happening. The debriefing's set up so that you always receive a debrief, even if you go AWOL, and I have no idea why it'd be suddenly ending the mission after destroying the bombers.

:confused:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I can see why you're confused Blaise. I've only taken a quick look at the mission but there are only two events containing end-mission SEXPs in the entire thing. Both of which are chained to either mission completion or the Sai being destroyed events.

Seeing as you have a debrief that plays if the sai is destroyed event comes true or if the mission complete event comes true I fail to see how the game can be forcing the player out without having passed one of those two events.

I'll take a another look at it but I'm as puzzled as you are. Especially as there is absolutely nothing wrong with your campaign file that I can see.

EDIT :  I can see a possible cause for the sudden ending of the missions though. If the player is within 1000 of the Tau Sigma Station or has pressed ALT - J earlier in the mission then as soon as the mission is complete the game would suddenly end. Doesn't explain why there is no debrief though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 08:37:30 am by karajorma »

Thanks for any help.

Definitely shouldn't be happening. The debriefing's set up so that you always receive a debrief, even if you go AWOL, and I have no idea why it'd be suddenly ending the mission after destroying the bombers.

I figured it out, it's because the Sai was dying (I did the mission and protected it better and passed)

However, the mission still has no debriefing.  So, that's an issue.  Didn't get one when I passed, and I also didn't get one when the Sai would die (it would just go straight to debriefing so I didn't know why I was failing)

how do i shot gun???

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
i had this bug in this mission, too.
but the sai was save, after destroy the last bomber the mission end.

dont press Alt-J earlier and dont fly to the station.

i dont know its a bug: in the mission where the shivan fleet sitting around to wait for the portal, many of the dialogs dont have sounds, between alpha 2, command and kappa.

in any other mission sometimes are dialogs nonexistence, too.
but i dont remember what missions, i was to lazy in this moment for writing it on :(.

to the SCP edition itself: very nice work and the voices are great.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Yep, seconding. When the Shivan fleet is sitting around and you have to investigate most of the lines seem to be missing...  :(

Other then that, no problems.

Offline ionia23

who did that one, anyway? that was hilarious! :D

that was me