Author Topic: Source Fork Request: WC Privateer-like fork  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Source Fork Request: WC Privateer-like fork
topic pretty much explains it.  I'd like to have a WC Privateer-like fork of the engine, pretty much same basic operating of Wing Commander Privateer [NOT Priv2!] I have the full sector map and other reference materials [like all 10 games] [i'll author the Galaxy.tbl, and individual sector tables in my idea]

As it's obvious im a WingCommanderophile :D

I'll help as much as i can naturally.

[hello to anyone from WCNews reading this - if you have a comment either email me or post it on here since i don't visit the WCnews boards that much]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2002, 06:48:34 pm by 30 »
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

hi, i'm creating a similar project called Wing Commander Universe. We're using the vegastrike engine and we plan to create a privateer online game.the game will feature the entire universe map. over 500 starsystems. and is set during privateer and wc3. the ships that will be  in the game are every craft from wc1-3 and super wing commander, privateer and wc armada. I have already built most of new detroit and it will soon be implemented. our planets are full sized. for more info i am often on #wing-commander on dalnet.
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighters, a Kilrathi gangbang. -Devereaux

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
yeah... vegastrike sucks, but if you catch me on ICQ i can help you brainstorm ideas on sector-data storage, etc
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

k, i'll contact you ASAP
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighters, a Kilrathi gangbang. -Devereaux

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
well,
i hope you will make it, good luck:)
i will be surely a player of that game:)

Offline Alyeska

• Rogue Status
This is most interesting...  I suggest you take a look at the new forum Intitled The Privateer Project and maybe move the talk down there.
“USS Enterprise shake down crews report.  I think this new ship was put together by monkeys.  Oh she’s got a fine engine, but half the doors won’t open, and guess who’s job it is to make it right?  Let see what she’s got said the captain, and then we found out didn’t we?  I just fixed that damn thing!!!  Turn it off will you?” - Chief engineer Montgomery Scott, USS Enterprise.

Offline Alyeska

• Rogue Status
“USS Enterprise shake down crews report.  I think this new ship was put together by monkeys.  Oh she’s got a fine engine, but half the doors won’t open, and guess who’s job it is to make it right?  Let see what she’s got said the captain, and then we found out didn’t we?  I just fixed that damn thing!!!  Turn it off will you?” - Chief engineer Montgomery Scott, USS Enterprise.