Author Topic: Another Garghant topic  (Read 5111 times)

Offline Razor

Another Garghant topic
Hey Woo why did you do the reskin of the Garghant? This one here looks much better to me.

Edit: This one is from the tech room.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2002, 06:25:42 am by 581 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Those are the exact same. The bottom pic was brightened more as it came from modelview and wasn't that easy to see.

Offline Razor

Oh well you can't blame me. The bottom picture looked a bit pail (kinda dusty) to me so I thought that you actually changed the textures. So which one will be seen in the game?

Offline Razor

By the way since we are talking about BIG (if that word is good enough) ships, where did this one come from? Who made it?

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Aldo made the mesh, woomeister mapped it.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Razor
where did this one come from? Who made it?

Aldos model dump 1 :D

Offline Razor

Where can I get it?

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
when we finish and release it with the rest of the mod:D
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

more advantages of being staff....:D :D
"Got Life?"
"Three days he rose again, fulfilling all the prophecies of the Word of God; this man's name was Jesus Christ!"
"What will tomarrow bring? Keep in mind this phrase: we are all a vapor in God's eyes..."
"God knows no time, for he is ETERNAL...":nod:
John 3:16-Pick up a bible and see what it's all about...:nod:

Offline Razor

Oh I have my ways of getting things. Ah the advantages of being... ;7

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Actually, if that was in Aldo's Modeldump, you should find the link on the front page.

*is banned from Inferno* :shaking:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Heh I mentioned that above :p

Of course the modeldump version isn't mapped, turreted and is in several different files :)

Offline Razor

Crud! OK Who's gonna teach me to MOD? Please :(

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
in what aspect to mod? model TBL fred what?
I hate My signature!

Offline Razor

Wel lI have one ship that I really really wanna turret, TBL and POF edit but I don't have a clue about doing any of those things. Well, at least I know all of the fancy terms.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I know how to do TBL and POF editing... but i cant do any sort of modeling
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Razor

Well learning how to POF edit would be a big step for me.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2002, 03:22:55 am by 581 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Grab PCS and ModelView32 from the Descent Network and play around with them. I use Modelview for most stuff- gunpoints, texture renaming, shielding. PCS I only use for dock point and path editing, though there's much more that can be done with it (if only it didn't keep crashing, or if there was a help file.)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Grab PCS and ModelView32 from the Descent Network and play around with them. I use Modelview for most stuff- gunpoints, texture renaming, shielding. PCS I only use for dock point and path editing, though there's much more that can be done with it (if only it didn't keep crashing, or if there was a help file.)

CPS is also for engine glows and eye point, btw. too bad modelview can't do them ( well the eye point it can, but it won't save it, stupi d thing :p )
SCREW CANON!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Heh just wait till INF2, then you'll be scared of the Gargants :D :drevil: