Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844110 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah the Geb looked too dark when I swapped that map.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I would have actually pegged the Geb as Shivan if it were an untextured model. It's the insectoid appearance, the spider-eyes thing of the forward (I assume they're) turrets. Vasudan ships normally look reptilian.

Maybe just alter the coloration of the turrets to something not quite so blatantly obvious?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I would have actually pegged the Geb as Shivan if it were an untextured model. It's the insectoid appearance, the spider-eyes thing of the forward (I assume they're) turrets. Vasudan ships normally look reptilian.

Maybe just alter the coloration of the turrets to something not quite so blatantly obvious?

Vasudan ships are more Ichtian, IMHO.  Since they tend to have fins, not legs.  Shivan ships are insectoid, with the implied exoskeleton-like outer appearance, but other than the "eyes" the Geb doesn't meet those qualifications.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
As for the turrets most ships in our fleets now use a standard turret set for each faction. Most Vasudan capships have the exact same turrets as the Geb. Even some FS2 models like the Sathanas and Rakshasa now have new turrets matching the style of our fleets.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
That first shot of the Shivan shipyard is amazing...It just became my desktop.
But one question...There is a ship in the upper left corner that looks like a three armed Sathanas...
That wouldn't happen to be the Gargant...would it...?
I remember it being described as looking something like that.
Maybe we should send in the GTSUMAKJ Chuck Norris...
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
That's new Amritaya (did i spelt it right?)
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline mr.WHO

Big LOL, I see that Chusk Norris mania is international :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah that's the Amritaya, which easily exceeds the firepower of the Sathanas. If the Gargant was in that shot, you wouldn't be able to see it all even in that distance shot.

Offline Tyrian

Then what does the Gargant look like?

*Gives big puppy dog eyes and sniffles*

(Oh yes, I also have a near unlimited supply of Chuck Norris jokes, so if anyone needs any, feel free to ask.   :D)

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Then what does the Gargant look like?
It resembes a stretched and extra spikey Sathanas, at... what, 30KM in length?.  Its forward arms curve down to a near point.  You can see it actually, if you've downloaded R1.  Its the background for the manin hall.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's about 37km long and is made from two combined Gigas R1 meshes.

omg thats scary!!! :eek2:

wonder how much distance you have to put between yourself and the gargant to see some space if you look directly to one of its sides

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Even with such a thread those questions would still be asked :)

maybe

but at least half of the questions wont be asked

Offline Qwer

Could you make mission with only Gargant and player? I'd like to see it in-game. ;7
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Tyrian

I would like to see a picture of the Gargant other than the main hall one.  Something in isometric perspective maybe?  (I hope I'm remembering my tech class terms right...)

Would that be possible?

*Prepares to beg if needed*

Sig rising...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We currently need to fix some balance issues caused by the last weapon update and the addition of the new armour table. In the current state it's near impossible to get near some of the capships in a fighter. I've hacked the ai_profiles table to make it a bit more managable for now. Hmm after that I can't think of anything major that needs doing except the missions. There's a few little things still to be done, but I'll probably find something major later :D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
High Max
Not to mention how much distance you would have to put yourself to avoid getting wiped out by a Gargant's shockwave.

Alt-J, and pray the mission designer was smart enough to code for all ships being allowed (and directed) to jump out if the Gargant blows.

Offline Qwer

I think i saw that ship before....

You guys are very annoying, that was GTVA vs. Ancients battle. :p

BTW What's that "GW"? :confused:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No that one in the teaser pic was a corvette variant of the other one. The teaser one isn't used anymore.