Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 847356 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But Zane wasn't talking about the new design shown a few posts ago.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1A51ihJTU
Since there have been a few questions about changes to the first mission. I did a quick runthrough of it as it currently stands for you to have a look at. You can find the vid on the website as well.

Overall except for a few ship classes and name changes it's more or less the same, except the Eclipse cruisers don't just sit there and do nothing now. Since it is the first mission we didn't want to change too much so that it feels familiar.

You can see some of the new effects in action and yes we do have a HTL Mihos buts its untextured at the moment, so older model for now :)

The mission still needs a few tweaks and final balancing, but the overall style will remain the same.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Really dig the engine effects, and I recognize a weapon sound that the old Solaris (Vexor) had in one of its salvo turrets.
Beam effects are awesome too.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
I have the sudden feeling that I will rant "WTF" through the entire campaign with such nice effects. Beams make you crispy. Unfortunately, I've just played the first two missions of Inferno...

This will raise the WTF-factor of course!
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well try not to fly into the beams because they are pretty :lol:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Either you are a very good pilot, or you have been flagged as invincible.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I just think the flak is just weak in the video, the ship was taking shield damage.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Wheeee, Inferno's back! :D

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Maybe it was on Very Easy, hence you don't actually take damage.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Maybe it was on Very Easy, hence you don't actually take damage.

Inferno should only be played on Very Easy, otherwise you can't stop and watch the beams.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it wouldn't of been a good video if all you saw was nebula because I'd have to evade a lot of those attacks. Don't worry it's not that easy on higher difficulties :)
I take better videos when I don't have to worry about damage since I can stop and watch a few things happen (like stuff exploding) without worrying about the claymore on my tail.
Taking a full hit from an EA Eclipse swarm missile will just kill you on higher difficulties not just bring down your shield like it did in that vid.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Ooh, nice. It still looks like the Inferno I knew. Do the Shockers still do a good job erasing shields?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The shocker was weakened overall, especially the actual shockwave.

Offline Darius

That mission brings back some fond memories  :yes:

Any news regarding the redux of the SOF Banshee since high-poly renders a while? I'm rather fond of the Banshee; it's one of my classic favorites. :D
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Far as I know it's UVMapped but we have no texturers to texture it right now.

Aww, really? Dang! Hopefully you find someone for it soon. Would love to see that one finished. ^.^
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline mr.WHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1A51ihJTU
Since there have been a few questions about changes to the first mission. I did a quick runthrough of it as it currently stands for you to have a look at. You can find the vid on the website as well.

Overall except for a few ship classes and name changes it's more or less the same, except the Eclipse cruisers don't just sit there and do nothing now. Since it is the first mission we didn't want to change too much so that it feels familiar.

You can see some of the new effects in action and yes we do have a HTL Mihos buts its untextured at the moment, so older model for now :)

The mission still needs a few tweaks and final balancing, but the overall style will remain the same.

1) Is it me, or EA is now using "shotgun flaks" that are kinda similar to BP UEF "shotgun flaks"?
2) That light-green EA blob/pulse turret bullet is bigger than railgun bullet, but I presume that it's weaker than railgun?
3) Shouldn't cruisers be a fighter-killers in new Inferno? Coz those two Eclipses seems to have a hard time dealing with Alpha 1 (and Mihos supose to be a lighter fighter?).
4) That Deimos holding possition (while the Eclipses trying to flank her) looks kinda odd.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The Deimos has the same engine plumes as the Mihos, other than that I don't believe there's any other visual differences to it.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1) Is it me, or EA is now using "shotgun flaks" that are kinda similar to BP UEF "shotgun flaks"?
2) That light-green EA blob/pulse turret bullet is bigger than railgun bullet, but I presume that it's weaker than railgun?
3) Shouldn't cruisers be a fighter-killers in new Inferno? Coz those two Eclipses seems to have a hard time dealing with Alpha 1 (and Mihos supose to be a lighter fighter?).
4) That Deimos holding possition (while the Eclipses trying to flank her) looks kinda odd.
1. Regular flak
2. Those are anti-fighter turrets
3. If you play on normal or higher yeah, like I said earlier the eclipse stinger turrets will take care of you if you aren't careful. Though the Aesacus is more of a fighterkiller than the Eclipse is.