Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 847872 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
There was a minicampaign planned for the Act 1 patch, but the storyline changed several months back and it got scrapped.

We’re trying to make Inferno more story driven.  Sounds oxymoronic, but we’ll see how well the Community accepts it.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We're doing lots of re-writing for both Act I Act II. First release was supposed to be pure Inferno - tons of new ships, beams, battles, explosions, action and stuff, but from the feedback community provided we assumed that people wants something more ambitious...

Wait. Inferno? Ambitious? Hold my beer bro.

We will either release updated Act I first or re-release it with Act II. We shall see. So far much more progress happen in Act II missions.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

We will either release updated Act I first or re-release it with Act II. We shall see. So far much more progress happen in Act II missions.

Act III when? :p

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
One of the criticisms for Act 1 was that the EA was a paper tiger enemy and was not imposing enough.  We’re rewriting (not redoing) the story so the EA is more of a credible threat.  We want the player to feel threatened by the enemy while also having the power and ability to make an impact.  Some missions will expand and expound on the existing story, while others will make the gameplay more engaging.  Overall there will be fewer “meh we lost; can’t do much so RTB” moments.

Act III when? :p

When it’s done. :p
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:56:58 am by Rampage »

Offline 5thAce

Seems like this next release is going to be huge! Not to rush or anything but do you think it's only a matter of months until Act 2 is done? I'm assuming act 2 concludes to EA-GTVA war?

Seems like this next release is going to be huge! Not to rush or anything but do you think it's only a matter of months until Act 2 is done? I'm assuming act 2 concludes to EA-GTVA war?

Woo said somewhere that the R2 would be the conclusion to that (and some Shivans too) but I can't find the quote right now :/

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!

There's little to no chance of R2 being finished this year since we basically have to remake half the missions from scratch because they were all either hideously outdated or otherwise requiring a remake, but it will conclude the EA war yes.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline 5thAce

There's little to no chance of R2 being finished this year since we basically have to remake half the missions from scratch because they were all either hideously outdated or otherwise requiring a remake, but it will conclude the EA war yes.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Oh well, you can't rush art!

Oh well, you can't rush art!

Ask Nyx, he can. :p

Offline mr.WHO

There's little to no chance of R2 being finished this year...

<Translation to Inferno actual time reference> Inferno Act II coming soon - December 2025.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Pnepheros in action!

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Oooh, AKA MK2 Sobek with Roid-Rage  :lol: Nice!
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Testing Basileus with her crazy swarms of high-velocity torpedoes. This thing turned out to be much more awesome than I initially expected. Each torpedo turret consists of 3-5 tubes, but each hatch is different subsystem so they are all destroyable separately. 186 submodels in total.

That way it looks more like AAA cannons.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Old Geodess Hi-Vel torpedo. We're working on new torps for it with Rampage, but so far it uses this for testing.

Geodess looks good on most EA ships though.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Looks like anti-fighter beams. It's not believable at all as anti-cap torpedo. Looks... Crazy.

We want something heavier, bulkier, slower and vaygr-ish.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I mean I wouldn't really call it 'not believable', the whole freespace lore is riddled with contrivances to slow combat down to a speed humans can easily deal with.  (as compared to what people kindof expect at the moment, which would be ridiculously high speed computer controlled nonsense)

My point being, super fast torpedoes are if anything more believable than really slow and huge ones.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's mostly about their look. Our torps are gonna be faster than, for example, TEI's Eos that is ridiculously slow.

If it's not wam-bam-funky it's not INF.