Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844011 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Next :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Even at the risk of repeating myself - it looks nice :D

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Even at the risk of repeating myself - it looks nice :D
If you repeat yourself like that, keep doing that. I don't make all of this ships for silence :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Guess I'll start making "Top 100 poetic INF ship building appreciation comments" so I'm prepared for the next shots~ :cool:

Offline 5thAce

Is the Skotas an Earth or Martian design? If it's not Martian, do they have their own corvette?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is the Skotas an Earth or Martian design? If it's not Martian, do they have their own corvette?
Skotas is Martian. Act II will feature their second corvette - Concordia class. Earth is the only faction without their own corvette-sized warship.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Wow, you're really churning these out of your factory! It's simply amazing.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline 5thAce

Skotas is Martian. Act II will feature their second corvette - Concordia class. Earth is the only faction without their own corvette-sized warship.

Wow that's interesting, I guess Earth focused on the heavier firepower of destroyers and Nemesis.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Wow that's interesting, I guess Earth focused on the heavier firepower of destroyers and Nemesis.
I guess they maintained their own corvette-sized warships in the past, before the unification but there are no need for them after formation of EA because jovian and martian corvettes were just superior. It wasn't enough for both factions to repel Earth's incursion due to sheer amount of destroyers and ofc the Nemesis. Exact details about EA history are not known at this moment.

It's worth noting that not every class of cruiser or corvette produced in Sol is part of EA Navy. Jovians maintain large number of unique warships like Hegemon corvette or Dikestes cruiser and those are used exclusively by forces of TransJovian Despotate. However they may operate under central command structure if requested. Martian EACv Concordia was supposed to be the same story, but after some internal brainstorming we decided to make her regular but rarer warship. She is gonna appear in Act 1 re-release as well.

It doesn't mean that those unique classes of warships are in any way inferior than regular EA warships. Wait to see EACv Hegemon and it's crazy four spinal beams in action :].

Now it would be nice to have some intel entry about EA that summs up all the things... :nervous:

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Finishing species.tbl is overrated.  Plus, most of us can’t write good, except for Rhymes, who writes very well.  Here’s my stab at it:

The EA was comprised of most of the remnant of the old GTA remaining in Sol.  Its battle strategy still focuses on destroyer-sized vessels to be the decisive factor in winning battles.  The Martian Hegemony quickly became the R&D and tech arm of the EA and its focus is keeping the EA technologically superior.  Powerful warships with costly components that prevent regular production and mass implementation.  The Transjovian Despotate is a loose confederation of fringe worlds in Outer Sol, with its government structured around Jupiter, that was never truly subjugated by the EA.  Raw resources are shuttled into the inner systems from the lawless fringes of Uranus, Neptune, and beyond through the massive processing yards around Saturn and trade hubs around Jupiter.  Their piratical battle doctrine is based around smaller command ships and specialized cruisers with nanojump capability.  Strike fast and hard, but leave when destroyers show up.

Finishing species.tbl is overrated.  Plus, most of us can’t write good, except for Rhymes, who writes very well.

TBH a good part of the discussion here since the initial Nostos release were things that aren't spoilers for R2 but were never actually made clear - in fact it wouldn't be entirely out of place to say that we know as much (or even less) about EA than about the Shivans, what possibly might have been one of the reasons why people consider EA as nothing more than a bunch of space-nazis. If you read the (public) forum you have no idea about EAs backstory aside that INFA is entirely outdated.

Martian Hegemony quickly became the R&D and tech arm of the EA

But what is that? A company? The name of the Martian state? Sols' current power constellation? A research lab?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
The political body responsible for governing the Mars and it's territory, and state member of the EA same as TjD. In fact, Earth faction is not called Earth Alliance but Federation of Earth. The EA itself is in fact a federation with FoE presidency in form of military autocracy centered about influental military officers and presumbly corporations. Federation of Earth maintain it's dominant position in Earth Alliance and whole Sol system, but instead of destroying other factions, they federated them under the banner of EA and allowed for certain amount of authonomy. Martian Hegemony is Earth's loyal partner, while TjD is somewhat harder to work with.

I guess we will make EA backstory appropiately deeper and include it somewhere before Act 2 release.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:13:08 pm by Nyctaeus »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Who wants to join earther navy now :]?

Well the list of people who want to join EA is already pretty long, I wonder if they still have places left~

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Unfortunately for Earth, I'm a proud citizen of the Alliance the other alliance

Besides, blowing up expensive, shiny, beautifully textured spacecraft is my forte  :D

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Besides, blowing up expensive, shiny, beautifully textured spacecraft is my forte  :D
Pfff...

There is only ONE TRUE Alliance :P

Pfff...

There is only ONE TRUE Alliance :P

The Political Commission of the Earth Alliance approves of this.

Offline CT27

The political body responsible for governing the Mars and it's territory, and state member of the EA same as TjD. In fact, Earth faction is not called Earth Alliance but Federation of Earth. The EA itself is in fact a federation with FoE presidency in form of military autocracy centered about influental military officers and presumbly corporations. Federation of Earth maintain it's dominant position in Earth Alliance and whole Sol system, but instead of destroying other factions, they federated them under the banner of EA and allowed for certain amount of authonomy. Martian Hegemony is Earth's loyal partner, while TjD is somewhat harder to work with.

I guess we will make EA backstory appropiately deeper and include it somewhere before Act 2 release.

Does the EA have one chief executive or is there more than one person 'at the top'?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The EA is an unicameral oligarchy.  Earth and Mars have equal seats in the assembly or senate that submit to a politboro-like oligarchy of less than 10 ex-GTA and industry leaders mostly from Earth, similar to how the late Roman Republic was structured.  The assembly writes and passes laws, declares war, etc. but the oligarchs ratifies or vetoes them.

The Transjovian Despotate has seats in the legislature but does not hold permanent office in the oligarchy.  They have their own loose confederation similar to the Athenian assembly, made up of everybody from trade union leaders to commanders of orbital con yards to fringe pirate lords.  They elect the Strategoi who represent the interests of the Despotate to the greater EA.