Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844186 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
But the Nemesis has to win! It's cooler!  :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Another Question again:

Q: Woomeister, do is that the HTL Lucifer, without unmodified or added Turrets ???

I was going to change the Lucifer2.pof for the HTL Lucifer, however, the Lucifer2 has a lot more of turrets, that's why...

But I prefer the HTL one, the Lucifer is more defensive than offensive, less turrets, a few more Beams than FS1 original, and defensive Shield (the HTL lacks one, not like the one FS1, well...I can't do nothing about it for now)

I can change it the models, so......Q: Are you're using the same ?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'd ignore the R1 Lucifer. It's an added archives ship as a bonus.

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
But the Nemesis has to win! It's cooler! :p

It's a LOT cooler! It can't fail!
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Then, I'll replace it, it's in the Ships.tbl, so it's somewhat used.........

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Looks like I totally underestimated the Nemesis ability to use its beams to destroy the Lucifer turrets. First run through all the Lucifer side beams were destroyed within 47 seconds leaving it mostly defenseless. Second time it fought back for longer using its larger side beam keeping up the damage with a single weapon until it was destroyed again by a good Nem shot.

Seems the battle depends on how lucky the Nemesis is with its beam shots.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
For those who would like to see the framerate difference between my laptop and desktop systems here you go:

Desktop:

Laptop:

29.4 desktop Vs 93.5 laptop. Both using HTL Lucifer and exact same mission.
Quite a difference there, that's why I usually use non HTL models on my desktop system :D

Offline mr.WHO

Now that's what I call a COOL ship :D

I hope that you soon relase R2, so we can port Inferno to Homeworld 2 Freespace  TC.  ;7

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I'm still having problems with FS Open builds after the Sept one I've reverted the mod too. Though todays CVS actually loads missions 50-75% of the times I tried compared to not loading at all like the late last month builds. Though the debug build no longer gives me my usual 'damage' warning that the DEC builds did.

Until I get this running on new CVS builds on my laptop progress will be far slower from me. As you can see by my framerates my laptop has become my main Inferno system as it runs 2-4x faster than my desktop system, even though it has 1/2 RAM and 1/4 texture memory of my desktop.
Latest CVS builds work fine on my desktop system though its starting to get less playable even without HTL models alot of missions are 20-30fps compared to 70-120 on my laptop.

Well I don't know what polycount HW2 can handle, some non HTL ships are still 4-6k or so with turrets. The Nemesis is nearly 5k for lod0 and isn't a HTL model. The Icanus is 5.5k and the new Gigas is 6k for lod0. HTL models range from 5-9k with turrets with the Lucifer being 9.9k with turrets, the low poly one is 3.2k for lod0.

Hmm. Methinks the Lucifer should get anti-beam armour :)

Why, not a shield ?, like in FS1 but with Low Energy

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Beams penetrate shields, remember?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I always keep deactivate Beam Pierce, I haven't seen much, but only FS2 and Volition are the only game or universe where Beams pirce Shield.....

------------------------------

A laser shoot, is energy, a Plasma shoot is also considered energy. If a shield can stop a Shoot, then why not Beam, it's the same, maybe density, power and Heat are different, but it doesn't mean a Shield won't stop a Beam, even if it is a second or even a fraction, it can be the difference between vaporized and not.

A Flag with Shields: 15000 and Power Output: 100, will providy the Ship with lot of defense, however Bombs will affect it after the Shield energy is drained. The Vinaashak uses 25000............

If no one wan't to make a Shield Mesh, you can use the $Flag: ( "surface shields" ), but the ShieldHit is not used for impacts, pretty bad, it would have been the solution for Iblis's and Diablo's shield meshes (maybe it could be reported as a feature request, after all ShieldHit is somewhat like an impact decal......)

----------------------------

If "it breaks balance", that's no stopping anyone from doing a good balance, it's just an excuse.......better than giving an excuse, just make a good balance......I known testing things, like TBL changes, sometimes bother a lot more than doing the changes...............

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hmm. Methinks the Lucifer should get anti-beam armour :)
Not too much though, the Nem was designed to destroy the Lucifer :)

Offline Darius

Then what was the Icanus designed for?

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
I've seen the answer for that somewhere else.
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline mr.WHO

If I remember correctly, Icanus was designed for 1 shot, 100% casualty planet bombardings (don't mistake it with planet killers that supose to blow up whole planets).

One thing bother me:
Why te hell EA need such ship? If they started construction during EA/GTVA stalemate then hell, they must have a enormous production power, but If they started construction before war then it looks like they planned the conflict with GTA\Vasudans from the begining.

I doubt that they planned to use it against shivans, as I said it wasn't designed to anti-capship fights and it would looks a large overkill for EA command (that would like to see 50 more Lindos that this one behemot) - I must remind that EA didn't know about Capella before reopening of Delta S. node ....

...ooops, I missed one thing. Alpha Centauri is 4 LY from SoL. This means that
there should be a basic E-mail communication (with 4 years delay) between SoL and GTVA.

I wonder what would they say to each other :D
We have shivans here stop
1 Sathanas = 5 Lucifers stop
We have 80 Sathanas here stop
stay away stop

EA: WTF ? We'd better build a super weapon right now ,  lol

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:31:55 am by mr.WHO »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Icanus was an experiment into high power Shivan technology and was designed to contend with far superior Shivan vessels than the Lucifer. It was to defend Earth against any Shivan incursion into the Sol system. The Nemesis alone couldn't handle the far bigger Shivan vessels that the GTA thought they would encounter at some point in the future.
Constuction was started before the Sol civil war, but was delayed because of it. Production went into overdrive when the EA try to have it ready to beat back a GTVA invasion into Sol.

The Icanus will probably not be fully operational when the Gigas arrives in Sol.

Offline mr.WHO

I have a question:
Terrans have at least few Odin, Vasudans have their secret (Juggernaut ?) ship,  does EA have more that one Nemesis class??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Not during the main campaign the EA don't. I have a special Nemesis upgrade class lying around somewhere.