Author Topic: Sol: A History - [SAH] - [PT 100%|FC 95%|Te 25%|VA 0%]  (Read 36309 times)

Re: Sol: A History - [SAH] - [PT 100%|FC 95%|Te 25%|VA 0%]
Yeah no problem, but it's getting late here now. I'll remember to do that tomorrow if that's ok? In fact I'd like to review the ones I posted just to be sure about them.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
No problem, I have INFA and Deep Blood to take care of... :nod:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Here's all the bugs/mistakes I found.

Campaign 1

Mission 10: Aftermath (EAC1-Fin) – final one

- Briefing stage 1 of 1, second sentence: “…to take part…” typed twice

- Music that starts playing near the end of the mission (when you see the "The End" text on the screen) can be heard over the ambient FS2 track.

Campaign 3

Mission 1: The Eastern Front (EAC3-A1)

- If only one freighter survives until the end you get a message from Trist 1 saying that "The freighters are safe", even though there's only one (there are 3 in all to be defended by the player).

Mission 3: Innocence (EAC3-A3)

- The wingmen didn't seem to be interested in engaging the freighters or cruisers much. I had to destroy nearly the whole convoy single-handed by firing from maximum range. I believe that another tester mentioned earlier in the thread that not giving orders to Alpha or Beta wings caused them to continue to attack as normal.

- Final “campaign briefing”, stage 6/10, first para, second sentence, “vaporising/vaporizing” misspelt as "vapourising."

Campaign 4

Mission 2: Lightbringer (EAC4-A2)

- Lantern opens fire on the Drexler with flak cannons somewhat earlier than when the comm message from the Lantern appears (the one that says “We are in position Command. Opening fire now” at about 00:04:05). By then the Drexler is nearly finished. A bit out of sync but nothing major.

- The briefing/command/etc tells you to scan the cruiser NAV subsystems, but you actually have to scan the cruisers and not their subsystems. So if you do what you're told and try to scan their NAVs, the cruisers are not fully targeted and you can't scan them.

Mission 5: The Unexpected Quarter (EAC4-A5)

2nd sentence of 2nd para of debrief – I think it should say: “Command hopes that with the loss of half of the UNU…”

Mission 7: Demobilisation (EAC4-A7)

Briefing stage 2/2, 2nd sentence:

"Your main priorities are ensuring the survival of the Lindos and the destruction of the Tempest - secondary objectives include the destruction of the rest of the UNU fleet, plus whatever other hostile forces are present."

Final command briefing stage 5/10, 2nd sentence. I think it should say: “…and the Lindos caused a lot of damage - namely to the UNU…”

Mission 11: The Star that Failed (EAC4-b2)

CaptJosh found this one, this may need a bit of investigating:

Has anyone noticed an issue with the final actual campaign mission of 2372 having some glitches? Like you have to leave the engines of the Orion that jumps in alongside the Nemesis alone because if you disable it, it will fall behind the Nemesis and never get destroyed, so the Kamikaze section never happens. Or that when Nemesis finally opens fire on the Throne installation, the Majesty just sits there and doesn't blow up even though it's right in the way of the beams that Nemesis fires. I would note that for this I was using the recent Inferno build that karajorma made to include the widescreen fix. I don't know if this is affecting the gameplay, but it's possible that mission needs reFREDded.

General note – comms messages tend to not stay on-screen for long enough to be read - this applies to nearly all the missions in this mod, and especially the final ones with the blue text that appears in the HUD (e.g. like the political broadcast at the end of campaign 2).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:14:53 am by lostllama »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Thanks! :)

About the last bug...basically we need to prevent the engines from being disabled and use self-destruct to ensure a coordinated explosion of both the Throne and the Majesty, right?

That happens because S:AH used short comm sounds, right? I don't remember because the last time I played S:AH with an audio card was in mid 2006. We need to use voice synthesis for common messages and a long voice file for training messages(the voice file will be empty and should last at least 4-5 seconds). I can't take care of the second issue because I don't know how to create such a sound.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

About the last bug...basically we need to prevent the engines from being disabled and use self-destruct to ensure a coordinated explosion of both the Throne and the Majesty, right?

That happens because S:AH used short comm sounds, right? I don't remember because the last time I played S:AH with an audio card was in mid 2006. We need to use voice synthesis for common messages and a long voice file for training messages(the voice file will be empty and should last at least 4-5 seconds). I can't take care of the second issue because I don't know how to create such a sound.

Oops I just edited my last post - wrong file name for the last bug, sorry.

What you're suggesting sounds like it makes sense, but I think I'll need to play that mission again.

Yes the mod does use short message sounds, that could be why. It's the emptymsg_LNG wav file.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:23:22 am by lostllama »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Correct, it should be changed to "emptymsg.wav"... :nod:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Actually I think the mod uses both emptymsg_LNG and Emptymsg wav files, I've just opened a random mission to check, there may be others (I'm not too knowledgable about this stuff). Emptymsg lasts for 1 second, emptymsg_LNG lasts for 3 seconds.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
They're from INFR1, right?

We'll then switch to "none.wav". By the way, I still need to DL the stuff(I have my patch but I don't have the rest)...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Yes they're in INFR1 (SAH has it in the secondary list under multimod in my mod.ini file).

Not to necro, but where are the modified SAH campaign(s)? The links hadn't been ninja'd when I was last here.  I just emptied my fs2 install to start fresh, and I assumed that the campaigns I needed to reinstall would be available, but this one is eluding me.
I've searched filefront already, and the moddb profile has no downloads.
"Do you plunder?"
"I have been known to plunder..."
"I refer ye t' darkstar one, one o' th' newer big budget spacers - it's lack o' variety were bein' insultin', an' th' mechanics weren't polished at all.  Every time a title like wot comes out, it pushes th' return o' th' space shooter genre further down th' sea." - Talk like a pirate day '09
"Hope for the best, expect the worst." -Heinlein

Offline Narvi

Check freespacemods.net.