Author Topic: GVCa Tanen use permissions  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
GVCa Tanen use permissions
Hello guys, fantastic work, very very happy. :yes: :nod:
Anyway, you know how much I LOVE the GVCa Tanen, and ever since I laid eyes on it I've been thinking up a background story and some way to use it in the Port.

Here it is- with a slightly different table entry.

---------------------

PVCa Conquest

As Vasudan culture soared, the planet of Vasuda Prime and the surrounding system was pushed to its capacity by the growing population. With the discovery of Subspace and the first fledgling colony in Deneb, Vasudans flocked to expand their empire and find new habitable worlds. These expeditions were often poorly organised and without adequite supplies. To facilitate the exploration and habitation of new systems, the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire comissioned the great and legendary colony ship, Conquest.

Four kilometers long, constructed by millions of workers and taking decades to complete, the PVCa Conquest became operational in 2284. The interior was a fully functioning industrial and residential complex, with construction drydocks and hangars accommadating hundreds of fighters, bombers, transports, freighters, and normally even an Aten-class cruiser. In its tour of duty, the Conquest single-handedly colonized star systems from Regulus to Altair, mining asteroids and gas giants for fuel and raw materials.

In 2320, when Terrans and Vasudans first met, the PVE voted to dismantle the aging non-military carrier to build smaller, more efficient warships. Inefficient on-board factories and outdated weapons and engines made it essentially useless as either a colony ship or a warship, and the projected costs of retrofitting it were astronomical. Shortly before the outbreak of the fourteen year war, the PVCa Conquest made its final journey to Vasuda Prime where it was disassembled with great ceremony.

Recently, the GTVA has used many of its innovations in the Sobek and Hatshepsut warships, as well as the GTVA Colossus. Some Vasudan engineers have proposed the construction of a new class of supercarrier on the frame of the Conquest, with beam weaponry and capable of carrying vast numbers of smaller craft, to assist in post-Capella reconstruction and defense. These plans are still pending approval by the Vasudan Imperium.

---------------------

Well?

Edit: Changed name from Conqueror to Conquest. Sounds better. Also removed the bit about the HoL.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 04:24:56 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline untouchable

• Fear the DA...
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/da
As far as I know all the models that were released can be used in other campaigns as long as Woo gets the credit :nod:
"The Darkness shall  befall us all."
-Commander William Wright

"Violence is merely the means of the incompotent"
-Felix Steighner
----------------------
The Darkness is Coming

Untouchable has spoken :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
:doh: Just read the tech description for the Het-Ka...

Bah. I like mine better.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Hey, that is pretty good!

Although, how are you going to use it?
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Sure go ahead :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Glee. Thanks guys. I don't think it will make an appearance in the main campaign, but it'll be included anyway.