Author Topic: new ships=kewl beans  (Read 4714 times)

new ships=kewl beans
hey woo, nice ships. im about to start experimenting with them. hopefully i can fit some into my campaign. i currently have 44 new ships and i dont know where else i can fit any more. but i will start looking around....i know i am overloading you already with this....because i did it a lot before (because i like the ancients), but are ya gonna release anything new ancients-wise...you said a beta pack was coming out with the old ancients models that you were gonna redo, but i dont seem to see them anywhere. dont mind me though. doesnt matter with this many new ships to play around with. have fun! THANKX!:nod: :nod:
"Got Life?"
"Three days he rose again, fulfilling all the prophecies of the Word of God; this man's name was Jesus Christ!"
"What will tomarrow bring? Keep in mind this phrase: we are all a vapor in God's eyes..."
"God knows no time, for he is ETERNAL...":nod:
John 3:16-Pick up a bible and see what it's all about...:nod:

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Glad you like them;)
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Like with the EA Carrier, the ancients VP file will include the new ships and the old incomplete ones.

Currently I'm waiting for the Phylaki, A new destroyer model, and 1 new cruiser design is needed to complete their vp file.

Currently the EA, Shivan, Vasudan, Maps, Hi Res Maps and Music are the VPs we have ready right now.

ok thats all kewl...how the heck do you extract the ships with the vp file, though? since i dont have internet connection up in my room, i cant get at the ships, making me :(  there is one thing i MIGHt be able to do, and that is vp the ships and their stuff right here on this comp and then file tranfer with floppys upstairs. whatever works. :nod: :nod:
"Got Life?"
"Three days he rose again, fulfilling all the prophecies of the Word of God; this man's name was Jesus Christ!"
"What will tomarrow bring? Keep in mind this phrase: we are all a vapor in God's eyes..."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The exe file is 980k, that will fit on a floppy...

For larger ones use winzip or winrar to span it across a few disks.

The exe itself is a self extracting rar file.

Offline Grey Wolf

How big (in MB) is this campaign going to be anyway?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

ok. i have everything up and running. thankx for the help, but i found out how to sort of "unzip" the stuff from this computer down here. it fit and everything. ijust took everything out and file transferred with a couple floppys. i have every ship now, and i have now the SoL Coalition of Planets (SCP)! THANK YOU VERy MUCH WOO!
"Got Life?"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
How big (in MB) is this campaign going to be anyway?

The current VP files are 45mb and there's still lots more of them to be done.

Offline Grey Wolf

Where's that jaw drop smiley when I need it..... That'll be around 25 mb compressed! The current SHaS build is only clocking in at 1 MB compressed (of course, it assumes you have the FS port which is 10 MB uncompressed). Admittedly you have many more mods, but...
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have another 65mb of files to sort through, then there's the cb animations that aren't done yet...

kewl beans= that's a lot of stuff....:nod: :nod: when can we expect all of this to come out? you guys are like making your own game and a 56k download would take like two days...hope you burn this onto a cd or something. i dont think i could make a download this big. hope its on cd. anyhow...what about those ancients?
"Got Life?"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There will be no more downloads avaliable untill the campaign is completed. Since we have no artists to do the art the campaign can't be completed.

The campaign is now fully on hold untill I return to take over it fully on May 28th.

Offline Razor

Cool beans ?

Where....where? :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The full install VP files are currently 71.9mb uncompressed, with a lot more too add:D (minimum is currently 32.8mb)

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Woomeister
The full install VP files are currently 71.9mb uncompressed, with a lot more too add:D (minimum is currently 32.8mb)

Umm well that's......uuh what's that word again? Ah yes it's BIG. Anyway, as Yoda says, size matters not. ;)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The average size of the VP files compressed is 2-4mb with only a few being larger than that. So no problems for me uploading it on my 56k modem :D

Offline Razor

No problems for me downloading it either. :D ;)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Razor

Umm well that's......uuh what's that word again? Ah yes it's BIG. Anyway, as Yoda says, size matters not. ;)

big? the current OTT folder is, for now, of 144 mb... and it will grow much larger :) For slow connection people, tho, there will be a version w/o musics and with single frame ani :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
hmmm, anyone know how file compression works?  we may need to invent a better compression format (if thats possible) :D

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by LtNarol
hmmm, anyone know how file compression works?  we may need to invent a better compression format (if thats possible) :D

Inferno will be broken down into multiple files to d/l separatly to easy d/ls :nod:
SCREW CANON!