Author Topic: Warlock replacement  (Read 5196 times)

Offline CT27

I read on another thread that in the upcoming re-release of Inferno (I think this one is called Inferno 10th Anniversary Edition or something), that the GTVA carrier class GTCa Warlock was being replaced by another carrier.

What is the name of the new carrier and is there a picture of it yet?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
This currently is a matter of internal debate. We will release more information when ready.

R

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Hm, why not take this opportunity to ask the public what they would like to see?

Would you like to see the Warlock or a replacement GTVA supercarrier make an appearance?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You know what I would like to see. Less tiler*pe and more releases.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
c'mon son, be nice  :(

Offline Darius

Aldo's Battlestar Warlock!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Feel free to offer to UV map and texture those 50+ ships we have then :p

The carrier currently used is called the Magos and it was shown in the last trailer we released, but it's currently under review at the moment as Rampage said.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Erm... Keres? XD

Unless it's already here somewhere and I just missed it, since I don't frequent HLP frequently these days... (spirit of playing and modding FSO has somewhat died in me since I totally forgot the plot idea I had before, no matter how crappy it might've been...)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Was considering HTLing the Keres awhile back but we have several decent replacements that surely won't disappoint.

R

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Aldo's Battlestar Warlock!
Well, if you can get it, then maybe we'll consider it. Always good to have one more option.
You know that what you said is contradictory? Inferno needs tilemapping to release anything in the forseeable future. If you want to try UVing the fleet, talk to Rampage. See how many you'll be able to finish before the release.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
What about no carrier at all? Or at least no carrier used in direct assaults. That scene in Nemesis still makes me cringe.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
What about no carrier at all? Or at least no carrier used in direct assaults. That scene in Nemesis still makes me cringe.

lol. Well in INFR1 carriers were basically juggernauts (or in the case of the Shiamak, a superjuggernaut - 8x BFReds much)
No reason not to send them into direct assaults. (Carrier in name only, or well, that and the fact that they also happened to carry a bunch of fighters)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nemeis is a 2 parter now with a different ending completely, expect the Bastion and Nemesis to face off in part 2 :)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Nemeis is a 2 parter now with a different ending completely, expect the Bastion and Nemesis to face off in part 2 :)
:yes:
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline CT27

I want to start off by saying I loved Inferno, however it did surprise me that the Warlock (a carrier and IIRC the GTVA flagship) engaged in heavy ship to ship combat.  Before I played that campaign, I imagined that a FS-era carrier would be slightly larger than a destroyer but with little anti-ship weaponry, much more anti-fighter weaponry, and more fighters.