Author Topic: Report from GTSC Chandrasekhar, Dubhe System  (Read 6069 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Report from GTSC Chandrasekhar, Dubhe System
They might be the offshoot?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Keep in mind, there are many other Terran civilizations throughout the multiverse. Many of them are alternate takes on the Freespace universe, so multiple GTAs and GTVAs still exist. If there is a way for them to coordinate with each other, and then ally with many of the more powerful alien races that are still in the game, the Shivans can be defeated.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Designation: Reapers
Classification: Cheap Rip-off merchants
Notes: Their ships are cheap imitations of ours. Indoctrination is a poor-entities Nagari. They hate us 'cos they ain't us.

Designation: Cthulhu
Classification: Great Old One
Notes: Appears to regenerate as fast as we can harm it. Estimated time to sterilisation - infinity standard fluxions

Designation: The thing
Classification: Thing
Status: Subject lost after first contact - investigation and pursuit ongoing - where did it go?
Notes: Is it just me, or is Lucy looking a little more 'tentaclely' than usual???

Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Anyone else can post any comments or questions and then I'm going to start a new thread with the next part.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Wonder how they'd cope cope with the flood.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Okay, this is a really interesting topic that I wish I had noticed a month ago :P.

I will try to be as active in these topics as possible.

However, is there a reason for it to be fragmented throughout the forum? I mean, fiction like Shetland/Ephesus did consist of only one topic without any problems...

Last-minute note to Captain Aditya Haldar, coming from a friendly soul:

1. The rules have changed - perhaps the same phenomenon that allowed jump nodes to exist also caused subspace travel to be confined to the interior of a star system (excluding nodes), thus it might be possible to attempt jumps outside of the system. Have someone check this possibility.
2. If point 1. isn't true, you need to also consider the possibility of jumping much further than normally possible. I know it's extremely energy expensive, but you've got a supernova detonating right behind you. Perhaps try to make use of that.
Both methods require extensive modifications of navigational systems. You can buy your crew the time for that if you jump as far away from the star as possible:
The total mass of Dubhe star system is over 6 solar masses, therefore the same gravity field intensity is present at nearly 2,5x the distance from the star when compared to Sol. If we assume your vessel is still able to successfully attempt subspace transits in the Kuiper Belt, even if barely, then you've got about 20 hours for working on a solution - if you reach limits of your subspace drive.

Godspeed to you, Captain, and to your crew.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:35:55 pm by MitoPL »
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.