Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > StarShatter Open Source Project

This post is a placeholder for a real introduction

(1/8) > >>

The E:
Well, more or less. As you may be aware if you have followed my occasional ramblings on IRC, I have decided to take part in the continued development of the Starshatter engine and game.

For those of you who don't know, Starshatter is a space combat sim that takes its cues from games like Battlestations Midway, giving you the option to take control of anything from a single fighter to a whole Carrier Battle Group, with a dynamic campaign environment. As its commercial success was somewhat lacking, the game's creator chose to give it, and the engine's source code, away for free.

When looking at this board, you may have noticed an unfamiliar name among its moderators. braddw25 was one of the senior members of the Starshattermods.com site, which for a long time was the Starshatter community's main hub. He is also currently in the process of setting up download locations for all the official and unofficial content out there, so please give him a warm welcome.

Further info, when I have time to write it up.

LordMelvin:
Second post! Yay for flightsims and stuff.

Dragon:
Looking forward to it.

headdie:
good luck to the project

braddw25:
Thanks very much for providing a little corner of this awesome web site for starshatter! Your generosity is much appreciated. The first objective I personally would like to achieve here is to get at least some idea of how to modify the source code. I am completely clueless as to how this should be done, so I'm sure I'll have TONS of questions. I'm hoping some of the more knowledgable folks here can help me out. In the meantime, if there are any starshatter specific questions that anyone needs help with, please feel free to ask me. I don't know as much as the previous starshattermods team leader, but I have picked up quite a bit over the years so chances are I might be able to serve as a resource in things starshatter related. So feel free to shoot any questions my way and I will do my best to get you an answer. Thanks again for providing this board space!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version