Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 24912 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Pfft...just played it again. It's not Rear-Admiral Carey, it's Vice-Admiral Morian.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

Rear Admiral Carey is a she.  :nod:

"Choir out."  :nod:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline nuone

How do you take screenshots on a Mac?

You should be ashamed to run a mac and not know. (J/K) Its command+shift+4. I got a Powerbook G4 and Running FS2 Open is freaking awesome on that thing. Less visual distortions than on my desktop PC. Plus when I try to search on the start menu, it actually DOES find what I'm looking for. (Digressing)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You should be ashamed to run a mac and not know. (J/K) Its command+shift+4.

:wtf:

It's COMMAND + SHIFT + 3 for a fullscreen cap. SHIFT + 4 is a cropped shot.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

How do you take screenshots on a Mac?

You should be ashamed to run a mac and not know. (J/K) Its command+shift+4. I got a Powerbook G4 and Running FS2 Open is freaking awesome on that thing. Less visual distortions than on my desktop PC. Plus when I try to search on the start menu, it actually DOES find what I'm looking for. (Digressing)

I think Androgeos had his problem resolved like 4 months ago. So . . .  :rolleyes:

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
This looks awesome :yes:
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1

Whoa! What are your custom flags? It looks really good from here.

Offline blowfish

Whoa! What are your custom flags? It looks really good from here.

I stole HerraTohtori's :nervous:.  They're on the wiki.  Also, I've made texture modifications as well as a couple of custom normal maps...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's awesome. Can you upload those upgraded maps as BP update?
BP is one of my favourite mods and your textures makes it even better.
Also ,I'm using recoloured version of some BP textures so I will be able to apply your normal maps to them.
They look fentastic. :yes2:

Offline Darius

That's a nice looking normal :) :yes:

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Oh... :blah: normal maps.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Speaking of the Titan destroyer, I just did a quick Wikipedia search on "Temeraire" and my search returned several results. Here are three:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Temeraire_(1798)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ship_Le_T%C3%A9m%C3%A9raire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Temeraire_(1907)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Good point, although I think names can be "random" without any concrete references to existing people, ships, places, and so on.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Darius

The names Temeraire and Orestes were deliberate choices.

(Temeraire = temerarious; also the ship's namesake has had a hell of a history :))

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Hey, blowfish, I think you overdid it with those normal maps. They make the hull plating look like it has more depth than some of the actual modeled-in features.

Offline blowfish

The only normal maps I made myself are for helheim01 and the beam cannons which you probably can't see at this distance anyway.  I think you're talking about the capital7 normal map, which is taken directly from the mediavps.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
No ,I'm talking about Helheim01 (I also use beam cannon texture so it will be useful as well).
Darkend Helheim01 is one of the basic textures for my faction ,so normal map for it will greatly improve nearly all ships of this faction. I'm also thinking of another one which uses unmodified Helheim01.
Of course it's not only my mod which will benefit from those textures ,all mods using Helheim01 will be upgraded (warzone for example). I think it's quite popular.
Anyway ,they make BP look better ,so why not to release them just for it (you can also rename AWACtile1 normal map to be used with Raytile1 because it's in fact darkend AWACtile).

Offline blowfish

I don't want to release the texture until I create a better base map to go with it.  Right now, they don't look so good together when viewed up close.  And my previous post was responding to Aardwolf's comment.