Author Topic: United Earth VS GTVA  (Read 63033 times)

Offline -Norbert-

This is not the case.  Humanity is bent towards evil ans destruction, in that people only behave morally and do good because they fear the consequences and the established governing authority.  People do as much evil as they can get away with and behave wickedly when they believe that no one is watching them.
You forget something here.
Noone (or almost noone) does evil things simply because they are evil. They do those things because they think it is the right thing to do. Or they think the gains outweight the sacrifices.
To come back to the nazis: the true beliefers in that ideology beliefed that the "lesser races" had to be eradicated for the good of humankind. They didn't think "I will kill them simply because I can get away with it."
The same goes for almost every criminal.

Do you lie when you can get away with it?
Counterquestion: Do you lie whenever you get the chance to lie?
Furthermore is lying always evil? Is it evil to tell a person who's dying a lie to make their last moments of their life more bearable? Is it evil to lie in order to save an innocent life?
Apart from being a matter of point of view, "good and evil" are also a matter of circumstance. An action that is evil in one situation can be the right thing to do in another.
Just look at the invasion of the GTVA. The GTVA think it is the right thing and it will save far more lives than it will end. The UEF thinks it's evil and done out of egoism and intolerance.
And the beauty of it is, you can't definately say which side is right.

Okay. Topicchange:
As much as the UEF culture is pasifistic, they still retained a quite effective military nontheless (not comparable to the GTVA maybe, but still far stronger than the old GTA ships). So I don't think they are "suicidal beyond rescue", they would just need a little nudge in the direction the GTVA considers to be the right one, to become able to survive in a universe filled with enemies. Total subjugation is way over the top if you ask me.

And to those who think the UEF need to capture GTVA vessels to get their hands on beams, remember the defections of the Orestes battlegroup! Among the those ships was one Anemoni (or somesuch) Logistics ship. Since those are build to repair all the other ships in the fleet they are bound to have replacements for beamturrets destroyed in battle on board or at least enough spaceparts to build new beamscannons.
And they have crew proficient in maintaining and repairing beams.
So the UEF will have the knowledge to produce their own beam weapons in time, no matter if they capture any more GTVA vessels. The questions are, will they be finished in time and can they be fit into their current vessels?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The UEF wouold win based on the fact that they posses all current alcahol production facilities.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
This ain't KoL, Dekker. :p

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
They own the internet then :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
They probably have something better than the Internet by that time. :rolleyes:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The HoroHolonet?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Maybe. :doubt:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The HoroHolonet?

What do wolf spirits that studied economics have to do with it?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh, nothing. Just because the two are supposedly used interchangeably now...or something.

EDIT: Wait what did all the mod icons just dissapear?

EDIT2: Oh ok I see. They'll be back....later.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:15:42 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I'm going to say that because of the whole chokepoint thing involved in this method of interstellar travel (yay big words!) that the UEF could probably hold of the GTVA for quite some time, assuming they don't run out of resources which I don't think would happen any time soon.
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline Vip

I'm going to say that because of the whole chokepoint thing involved in this method of interstellar travel (yay big words!) that the UEF could probably hold of the GTVA for quite some time, assuming they don't run out of resources which I don't think would happen any time soon.

The UEF doesn't seem to have enough firepower to create a powerful enough node blockade. Those GTVA beams would quickly bleed out any fleet waiting outside of the Sol node. Besides, since the GTVA is already attacking different planets in the Solar System, it seems that they have a beachhead near the node and probably a fairly well defended one. Just imagine several Mjolnirs and two-three destroyers lurking there with adequate fighter cover - the UEF would get raped.

But then again, Command isn't very clever ;)

If the UEF is to have a chance, especially since it seems that the Vasudans will join the party sooner or later, they need to develop beams and use the knowledge acquired from defected GTVA personnel to make use of the design flaws of the GTVA ships. It's already happening, seeing how the heavy, elite fighters like Ares and Erinyes are already being made useless thanks to smaller, more manoeuvrable enemy fighters and the Hecate destroyer being on the verge of destruction in the recent trailer.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline -Norbert-

You should really read the proses on the website. Apart from being a good read, they contain a lot of information.
Yes, the GTVA does have a beachhead. The have complete and unchellenged controll of the jumpnode and I think in the 2nd battle for Neptune they also took that place (not 100% sure on that though, since it's been some time since I read the proses) after being driven away in the first attack, with heavy losses on both sides.

Mjolnirs, being unable to move or rotate and only being able to fire straight forward, are only really usefull in attacking ships that come out of a jumpnode. So putting up those beam platforms inside the sol system would be a waste of material, unless the GTVA finally fitted some manouvering thrusters onto them.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
They could make it dockable with the Argo. That might help. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Vip

You should really read the proses on the website. Apart from being a good read, they contain a lot of information.
Yes, the GTVA does have a beachhead. The have complete and unchellenged controll of the jumpnode and I think in the 2nd battle for Neptune they also took that place (not 100% sure on that though, since it's been some time since I read the proses) after being driven away in the first attack, with heavy losses on both sides.

Argh, I've actually read t but it somehow escaped my attention that WiH takes place in the last phase of the war, 18 months after it has begun. Still, my point stands, there's no chance of UEF even trying to block the node.

Mjolnirs, being unable to move or rotate and only being able to fire straight forward, are only really usefull in attacking ships that come out of a jumpnode. So putting up those beam platforms inside the sol system would be a waste of material, unless the GTVA finally fitted some manouvering thrusters onto them.

Well, then you just position the Mjolnirs so that they face not the node, but the space far in front of it. With its kickass 8000m range, it would tear apart any ship before it could even get close. Any idea how powerful are those new GTVA beams BTW ?

Offline -Norbert-

The problem is you don't have to fly into the node in a specific corridor if the retail missions are anything to judge by.
You'd have to cover 360° on all three axis'.

Offline Vip

The problem is you don't have to fly into the node in a specific corridor if the retail missions are anything to judge by.
You'd have to cover 360° on all three axis'.

But, but, but... ! Damn it, I always sucked at 3D thinking. Guess I need to play some Homeworld and Nexus ;)