Author Topic: United Earth VS GTVA  (Read 63066 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I hope the Earth ships don't get beams.

Also, Darius, what happened to your badge? Or are badges down forum-wide? I will go attempt to see.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Nothing wrong that I can see.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yup. I'm seeing all badges just fine.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Agreed, they're working. Must've been a brief problem on my end. Silly!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Can all UEF fighters work like the GTF Pegasus and GVF Ptah?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Darius

Not all of them, that would be unbalanced.

Offline nuone

My money is on the UE, because unless I miss my guess, ALPHA ONE is on their side.

Amen brother.

Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline nuone

Damn. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was emotionally moved by the events finalizing AoA. I cannot imagine fighting my own kind (Trauma from Halo universe and watching "The Day the Earth Stood Still" perhaps). Even more upsetting, is to imagine that Earth defenses and technology would be that much more inferior to the GTVA's. Earth is the hub of humanity's intellect and greatest assets. Surely after the first Great War, they would have captured Shivan vessels and acquired some of there technology. Nonetheless, I believe War in Heaven will be a worthy successor to AoA. I trust in Darius.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:04:45 pm by nuone »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Earth is the hub of humanity's intellect and greatest assets. Surely after the first Great War, they would have captured Shivan vessels and acquired some of there technology. Nonetheless, I believe War in Heaven will be a worthy successor to AoA. I trust in Darius.
Well, after 32+ years of galactic expansion I assume the GTVA would have grown a lot more than an isolated capital world which was probably reliant on its outlying colony systems. And the Lucifer went boom. No Shivan vessels/technology to aquire.

Offline nuone

Well, after 32+ years of galactic expansion I assume the GTVA would have grown a lot more than an isolated capital world which was probably reliant on its outlying colony systems. And the Lucifer went boom. No Shivan vessels/technology to aquire.

Far be it for me to change the status quo; yet, if you read about other great epics, Core worlds are normally the most advanced regardless of rebellions. Mind you, the fleet was tasked with locating Earth AND its colonies. There were more colonies and outposts. Even so, as mentioned by a member earlier, Earth is unique because it inherently has a greater abundance of resources than all other colonies combined.

Having said that, be it known, I understand how the situation in War in Heaven makes for a more interesting scenario. We like being the under-dog that triumphs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:46:09 pm by nuone »

Offline eliex

Even so, as mentioned by a member earlier, Earth is unique because it inherently has a greater abundance of resources than all other colonies combined.

:wtf: I don't get it.  :confused: Earth is one planet. Earth's colonies can reach up to whole systems like Polaris or Capella, or if you mean Jupiter or Mars even so, combined, their resources far exceed Earth's.

Offline CaptJosh

There are the Asteroids, too. But there are asteroid fields and belts in MANY systems.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline -Norbert-

And the Lucifer went boom. No Shivan vessels/technology to aquire.
But it would be logical that before the Sol node(s) collapsed the GTA would sent anything the capture form the Shivans to Sol for study (well... apart from the Taranis and that Azrael that was borded in the cutscene).
Things like the captured containers or the Dragon with which Alpha one scouted out the Eva and Lucifer prior to Vasudas destruction.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Railguns could even be a supersized Shivan Mega Laser for all we know. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

Funnily, I do use a supersized shivan mega laser (graphic) as a heavy railgun in one of my mods... :nervous:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Except for how it's a railgun.

Offline MarkN

The Shivan Mega Laser could be a railgun, for all we know. After all if it is a laser it is breaking several major laws of physics (something to do with the fact that light travels at the speed of light)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The Shivan Mega Laser could be a railgun, for all we know. After all if it is a laser it is breaking several major laws of physics (something to do with the fact that light travels at the speed of light)

It's a blob laser. They have their own special Freespace physics.

If it is a railgun, it's the pokiest railgun of all time.

Offline eliex

I hope that blob lasers will be much faster then . . .