Author Topic: Unit Badges  (Read 11881 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
They are referred to as "Serkr Team" in the narrative. "Corvette Division 151, 15th Battle Group" would be their "official" designation.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
well alright then.  "team serker" just kindof makes me think of sarcastic names like "team awsome"  :P
I like to stare at the sun.

This is awesome!

If there's going to be a whole set, I'm very tempted to get myself some prints on cloth of those.

Offline -Sara-

Love the badges so far. Maybe you can find a latin phrase for "the best defense is a good offense". :) Might work even better!
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I always liked "Nemo me impune lacessit". It's as badass as a motto can get.

Offline -Sara-

Might work for a Jovian vessel or hunting group maybe.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, Serkr is basically Steele's personal sidearm.

...For some reason I couldn't help myself from imagining the 42nd bagpipes, a bomber squadron consisting completely of kilt-wearing, tree-tossing badass scotsmen... 

:nervous:

...For some reason I couldn't help myself from imagining the 42nd bagpipes, a bomber squadron consisting completely of kilt-wearing, tree-tossing badass scotsmen... 

:nervous:

Caber-tossing bombs LOL
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Serkr is a nord word meaning coat. If anything, Serkr Team's motto should also be in nord instead of latin.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile
Serkr is a nord word meaning coat. If anything, Serkr Team's motto should also be in nord instead of latin.
I only speak german and english, but if anyone has a nice nordic motto for them, just write it down here and i put it on the badge.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:28:40 am by Gen »
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War
Wouldn't you prefer chess?

"Coat"? Like, the thing you put on when you go outside? Wow, that's... disappointing...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

"Coat"? Like, the thing you put on when you go outside? Wow, that's... disappointing...

It's part of the derivation of the compound 'ber''serkr', meaning (maybe) 'bear coat'.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
ohh, nice badges.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent

It's part of the derivation of the compound 'ber''serkr', meaning (maybe) 'bear coat'.

True. To properly become one of them, though, you had to go out, kill and skin an adult bear by yourself. The coat you make with its skin became a sign of strenght and courage.
So, it doesn't sound that disappointing when seen in context. You can say the Serkr Team wears the 'serkr' of UEF frigates.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile
Killing bears with beamweapons is a bit overkill, though.
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Depends on the Bear.

Tell me, when was the last time you killed an Ursa without using several kilotons of explosive force?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Killing bears with beamweapons is a bit overkill, though.
No such thing.

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile
Took a while (and a good chunk of my nerves..), but i got the fs2-models in Photoshop. Gonna make a couple of Squadron-Badges over the next days. ^^
In the meantime, have another Karuna:
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Truly kickass. Fine work.