Author Topic: Unit Badges  (Read 11875 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Killing bears with beamweapons is a bit overkill, though.
No such thing.
Considering there must be something left of the bear to make a coat, I think there is an overkill in this instance.

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War
Wouldn't you prefer chess?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
While it's artistically and technically well-done, for the first time I gotta say I'm not sure I'd wear that as a unit patch - it's so...cheerful!

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I'm going to agree with Battuta there. It's very well done artistically, but it doesn't strike me as menacing enough for a unit patch. It doesn't make me feel that "My squadron's a bunch of tough mother****ers who eat, sleep, and fight together to the bloody end. And when the Feds close in for bayonets and grenades, we'll **** them right up back to Earth."

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
True. It looks good, but it really doesn't belong in War in Heaven
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Indeed, something like this would be more fitting for a fighter squadron (it actually is from the USAF, so yeah)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile
Indeed, something like this would be more fitting for a fighter squadron (it actually is from the USAF, so yeah)
Yeah, but every single Logo with a tiger on it looks like this.. i wanted something different. Besides, who said that Unit Badges can't be cheerful?
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Yeah, but every single Logo with a tiger on it looks like this.. i wanted something different. Besides, who said that Unit Badges can't be cheerful?

It doesn't fit the GTVA - the GTVA logo would be like those ones, fearsome and very much militaristic. That looks cheerful enough to be a fed logo
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile

It doesn't fit the GTVA - the GTVA logo would be like those ones, fearsome and very much militaristic. That looks cheerful enough to be a fed logo
Ah, but maybe that's the tactic - lure the enemy in with your cuddly kittenlogo, then smash them when they're lulled in by the nice tiger. Psychological warfare at its best!
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Yeah, I can see it working. Put a Fenris with the badge and when UEF frigates jump in, send in a couple destroyers.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile

It's a bit more bloodsucking than bloodletting and i couldn't come up with a good slogan.
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War

Maybe a blood-dripping scalpel instead?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think it's pretty cool. Scalpel works too.

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile
Maybe a blood-dripping scalpel instead?
I think, the teeth are more menacing. Besides, the Bloodletters don't really strike me as a surgical option or anything.
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War

I didn't mean *some* blood on a scalpel.  I meant a scalpel covered in enough blood to make Quentin Tarantino jealous.  Perhaps "dripping" was the wrong word and I should have used "cascading blood like a waterfall".
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Gen

• Hündchen
    • deviantart profile
I didn't mean *some* blood on a scalpel.  I meant a scalpel covered in enough blood to make Quentin Tarantino jealous.  Perhaps "dripping" was the wrong word and I should have used "cascading blood like a waterfall".
That wouldn't look good, trust me on this. Maybe on a knife... or a dagger. Actually, a dagger would work. Implies backstabbing and all that.
Still, i'll stay with the teeth for now.
The only winning move
Global Thermonuclear War

Offline Kolgena

I think chainsaws are effective at bloodletting. I can't remember what the bloodletters fly, so maybe that doesn't fit well. Leeches/lamprey maybe? Yeah. Lamprey with oversized chainsaw teeth.

Appreciate the 长江 :D

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Maybe some 40K reference (maybe it's still on 200 years from now...).  :)
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Bloodletter
For example, head of this daemon with fangs dripping with blood.
Or a Hellblade.

Offline Kolgena

We could also totally miss the point and have a letter written in dark red ink.